Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Christmas Eve drinking thread

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you sure it is Champagne?

I'm about to go and stock up on some cider, if Waitrose is still open.

I kind of read it that he meant cider anyway...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm celebrating Christmas and, you know, stuff. How about you?

First up some champagne*

*(Somerset champagne)

This afternoon, and evening, will be Chablis.

Tomorrow morning will be Laurent Perrier Rose (purchased when on offer AND Sainsbury were offering 20% off when buying 6), suckers!

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Tomorrow will be :

A traditional midday Islay malt in the local .

Followed by :

Apello Sauvignon Blanc whilst preparing the grub.

Then a Taberner Huerta de Albala whilst noshing.

Then a Pouilly Fume to see me through the rest of the day.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Now, I shall be opening a bottle of something shortly :drink:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Various bottles of Sussex IPA, blonde and golden ales, Wychwood breweries ales in the kitchen...and I'll be on the Lemsip and mugs of hot water due to a f/ing Xmas cold.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
just deciding which bottle of red to open. First. It's going to be a long Christmas.

Given what you were guzzling the other night, I'm intrigued to know what's going down at yours over the next couple of days. How was that La Chapelle by the way (I have some 94, 95 and 96 underneath my stairs)?

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Went there the night it opened and a few afternoons since, atmosphere similar to the Amex at the moment, a bit sterile.
On the other hand, enjoying re meeting people I lost contact with, genuine feeling of wanting it to be successful, really friendly, plus, importantly, Guinness is excellent
Go on, give it a try.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Couldn't decide between Hophead, APA or Sunburst for the metal 9 Pinter for Xmas eves opener so got all 3 in the end. With a collection of 96 belgiums in the shed fridge, and 24 bottles of sparkling for the Aperol spritzers and some reds for the girls I think we'll make do.

I say it every year but if it wasn't for the kids we wouldn't bother.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Went there the night it opened and a few afternoons since, atmosphere similar to the Amex at the moment, a bit sterile.
On the other hand, enjoying re meeting people I lost contact with, genuine feeling of wanting it to be successful, really friendly, plus, importantly, Guinness is excellent
Go on, give it a try.

My drink of choice:drink: :thumbsup:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Pulled pork for tonight has been in the slow cooker since 10. Just about to weigh the Turkey and plan the schedule for tomorrow. Have to visit both my parents (and their partners) in Shoreham and Brighton whilst it's cooking so military precision is required.

Need to hold off for the alcohol for a bit longer, then some decent Bordeaux red with the pulled pork and next door's draft Harveys at their Xmas Eve bash. Tomorrow will be Chablis and an interesting single vineyard Sauvignon adjacent to Pouilly Fume, and a Sauterne with the Pud, followed by bubbles when the wife's side of the family arrive around 530.

Great to have all the family back home. A very Merry Christmas to all of NSC.

PG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brighton Beer Dispensary at 5.30 , then Craft Beer Co , then Evening Star , then home , where there is a Thornbridge Jaipur IPA with my name on it.

Ha. I'm in these three as well tonight.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And I was eyeing up some beauties in the Craft Beer Co fridge last night. Going to start work in there I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here