Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The chip on Leeds shoulder

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
This season will be the 4th out of 5 that we have finished above them and had a bigger average attendance than them. If Leeds win tonight, it would be a big footballing shock which shows how far we are ahead of them as a club right now.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I hate Leeds and I find most Yorkshireman to be absolute cants. They invariably feel the need to tell you that they're from Yorkshire within five minutes of meeting them, as if we give a shit. They seem to genuinely expect you be impressed, not realising that we laugh at their pathetic need for acknowledgement.
Being proud of your county is a rare thing these days:)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Never forgotten Bournemouth in 1990 when their fans rioted on the last day of the season.

They won the league on a beautifully hot bank holiday weekend, had no one to fight and yet still smashed up the peaceful town.

I think this shows why most of their older fans and the younger generation coming through are twats and disliked.
I remember Leeds at home, last game of the season 1981? Brighton needed to win to stay in the top flight.

I was very young at the time, but my father managed to get me a ticket in the home end. He wasn't so lucky though and had to watch the game in the away end pretending to be a Leeds fan, including having to chant bribery when a dodgy crucial goal went in for Brighton, who went on to win the game.

My dad is no longer with us today, but I thank him for this experience and his other recollections of being a Brighton fan in the Leeds end at the goldstone in the early 80's

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I studied in Leeds in the early 90s and thought it was a superb place to live. 3 terrific years with only a few really unpleasant experiences. Namely the 2 games I attended at Eland Road where they were singing Munich songs before kick off v Coventry and Aston Villa (not that the away team makes any difference) and the two occasions I got beaten up by Leeds fans, once for wearing a Brighton shirt walking across the park for a kick about with some mates and once when going to see a Sugar gig at the poly when someone overheard that I'd seen them play in Brighton a few weeks earlier.
XXXX 'em

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
That season when they were League Champions (the final season before proper football was invented by Sky), I admit I really LIKED Leeds - mainly because they denied Fergusons Man U from winning the title.

Nowadays I'm pretty indifferent to them tbh. Although they have provided some excellent comedy value over the years with their seemingly neverending procession of shitty owners. Never more so now that they have a complete headcase running them.

Do you mean this ? Scot on Scot !https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t_5sZ4-LRA

portway

Mar 31, 2009
All things Brighton beautiful all creatures great and small, all things Brighton beautiful.......::sick:

However big Leeds are there fans will always be less insecure than the little Albion mentality.

MK Dons within 10 years will be a bigger club than Brighton....so there you go :tantrum:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
This season will be the 4th out of 5 that we have finished above them and had a bigger average attendance than them. If Leeds win tonight, it would be a big footballing shock which shows how far we are ahead of them as a club right now.

It wouldn't be a big footballing shock. Anyone can beat anyone in this division.

Yes we have a vastly better squad than Leeds, but they are a bigger club.

Forgot how big we are, it's the table that counts.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
All things Brighton beautiful all creatures great and small, all things Brighton beautiful.......::sick:

However big Leeds are there fans will always be less insecure than the little Albion mentality.

MK Dons within 10 years will be a bigger club than Brighton....so there you go :tantrum:

Cool

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I remember meeting our methodist minister in the pub one evening, and he was talking about his dislike for Leeds. I asked him how he squared this with the oft-quoted bible bit about 'Love thy Neighbour'.

He replied that the Bible said that you should 'Love thy Neighbour', but that it didn't say that you couldn't hate Leeds United. Except he used a few other words in there as well....

theboybilly

I'm not totally convinced there will be a Leeds United in 10 years time, but there you go

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Nice one PAL.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456818474.031848.jpg

Quality DELUSIONALIST.

It was the ref's fault and they were a bit unlucky apparently.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The technicalities of the boundary of Yorkshire are a bit complicated, but I think it is universally accepted that the County of Yorkshire consists of the three Ridings and the City of York.

Middlesbrough, I think, comes in traditional Yorkshire boundaries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here