Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Chicken Run......

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
They opened the gates normally about 20-25 minutes before the end of the game. All round the ground and at most other grounds as well. Unless we had not-so-nice visiting fans.
Birmingham City springs to mind.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
I recall standing in the rain next to said scaffolding in 1981 watching us draw 2-2 with Liverpool. My scouse friend John, having promised to be discrete, yelling "Come on you mighty Reds" over and over again, and clearly audible on MOTD that night. It was also a failed attempt to introduce my new American girlfriend to the game I called football. She left at half-time, soaked through. I remained but somehow found her sheltering on Hove station around 5 o'clock. I couldn't see the problem. It didn't last. I loved the Chicken Run more, and that love endured. So much so that I now sit in the exact same position - halfway line, Upper East.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Can someone help an old man recover his memory?
I was a regular in the East, having moved over from the south, around early to mid 70's. Definitely still there in 79/80. But when did the West standing season tickets come in? As a group of 6 to 10 guys we all bought ST's and moved over to the south end of the west but cant remember when.
Strange thing is, even though it was standing, everyone had there 'own place'. Ours being about 15 to 20 steps up right on the half way line and we knew everyone around us.

If I remember correctly, terrace season tickets were brought in for the first season in the old First Division ( ie 1979/80). I purchased one for the South Stand terrace for about £30.

Ffs I’m not talking about Rochdale you mentalist. That was Sawards promotion. I was a year out on the original quote . So were you.
Erm.... no I wasn't. In fact you even quoted me posting the correct year FFS! As you are too cock-sure of yourself to look back at the thread to see what blunders you might have made, here is one of them

Screenshot_20191108-215752.png

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Does anyone remember the guy who used to stand on the East Terrace shouting, "unload him!"?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Erm.... no I wasn't. In fact you even quoted me posting the correct year FFS! As you are too cock-sure of yourself to look back at the thread to see what blunders you might have made, here is one of them

View attachment 116975

You said it was 3-2 to Rochdale in 1977 with nothing to play for and Sheffield Wed drew 1-1 with them to get promoted. You’re going crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here