Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Championship TONIGHT

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yup, spot on for me - Id love to see Derby in turmoil....Clement is possibly the most boring man in the world (that's an aside, so not for that reason - more that as a club they're arrogant *******s imho).

Are you saying that he's worse at motivation than Sami?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Don't have an airing cupboard, nor any first growths in my cellar. But I haven't chucked that towel in yet. What was it again, 84 points will be enough for automatics, which means that the third place team won't get more than 83?

Errr, yes I think that was it. We can check nearer the time if there's any doubt about whether you've lost.

Haut Brion vertical (1980-1996; 8 wines in total) last Saturday night at my place. Vintage of the evening? Toss up between the 85 and the 90. Very different styles, but both compelling.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if Derby lose we will see a knee jerk reaction from their chairman ? It would be preferable for us if he allowed him to drop a few more points before he acted if that is the case

Who would they get in to replace him?? Not too many decent managers out of work are there?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Errr, yes I think that was it. We can check nearer the time if there's any doubt about whether you've lost.

Haut Brion vertical (1980-1996; 8 wines in total) last Saturday night at my place. Vintage of the evening? Toss up between the 85 and the 90. Very different styles, but both compelling.

Good gawd. You'll have to arrange something like that down here, but sans airing cupboard, etc, you might have to slum it just a tad.
Was there an 82 in there? I've always liked 90 Bordeaux. What I've recently discovered having bought far too many of them is that I really don't think too much of 2009s.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sheffield Wednesday

Hahahahahahahahahahahha

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Good gawd. You'll have to arrange something like that down here, but sans airing cupboard, etc, you might have to slum it just a tad.
Was there an 82 in there? I've always liked 90 Bordeaux. What I've recently discovered having bought far too many of them is that I really don't think too much of 2009s.

Yep, the vintages were 82, 83, 85, 86, 88, 89, 90 & 96. I've always found 82s a bit hot, tbh. The 90s tend to be pretty much perfectly structured, but without the heat. Fabulous evening. A Grange vertical is next on the agenda - back end of Feb from memory, round a mate's place.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is pleasing that at least 1 of Massive Wednesday, and Burnley will be dropping points tonight.

I'm hoping we get the chance to go 3rd on Friday, and of course Hull play at Burnley on Saturday :rock:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Would be great to see Preston get something at Derby but I just can't see it. It looks like a must win game for Derby from a morale perspective and think that anything other than a win could result in Clement getting the sack. I've lumped on a home win but happy to lose my bet if Preston do a job on them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here