Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Championship TONIGHT

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just want more meltdown at Derby tonight, hopefully the chairman losing it and shouting the odds in the dressing room again. Fisticuffs and a managerial sacking would be perfect.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Derby look a shocking price so I'll be opposing them [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]

Options are:
- Lay them on the machine (or back Preston/Draw Double chance if you don't have an account)
- Back Preston DNB
- Back Preston

I'm opting for the latter at a juicy 5/1

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hmmm - they weren't but they're I think they're not doing quite so well at the moment, unfortunately.

???
Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 13.03.40.png

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The chase is on.

The chase is on.

It looks like it may be exciting especially with the last seven home games, Only one season in 1971-72 have we had a really good chase and that was exciting. So now we have got the forwards to threaten to score in any game, it looks like those last seven home games are not to be missed. I hope we can keep in touch until our essential players get fit, and stay fit.

I think all the teams at the top will keep on winning the games they are expecting to. Every time we look at the results to see the results going against us, means it might come down to the last two games of the 46. Hull have got an easy run in, so we want them dropping points ASAP.

Boro signing Rhodes has just upped the ante. Unlike the big spenders we can enjoy the ride more.

I think Sidwell may turn out to be our best signing. He will enable us to play three in midfield for the more difficult games and gives us much flexibility with our tactics (4-4-2 is rather rigid and predictable). I hope we do not throw away leads any more. It is a bad sign.

Hull
Boro, Derby
Brighton, Burnley, Birmingham, Wednesday

are the teams in contention.

I don't think it will be a case of teams slipping, but more that any of the top teams could put in a long undefeated run and that could include Ipswich as well.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Derby look a shocking price so I'll be opposing them [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]

Options are:
- Lay them on the machine (or back Preston/Draw Double chance if you don't have an account)
- Back Preston DNB
- Back Preston

I'm opting for the latter at a juicy 5/1
I'm liking the Asian Handicap option: Preston +0.75 is 1.975, more or less evens.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The chase is on.

It looks like it may be exciting especially with the last seven home games, Only one season in 1971-72 have we had a really good chase and that was exciting. So now we have got the forwards to threaten to score in any game, it looks like those last seven home games are not to be missed. I hope we can keep in touch until our essential players get fit, and stay fit.

I think all the teams at the top will keep on winning the games they are expecting to. Every time we look at the results to see the results going against us, means it might come down to the last two games of the 46. Hull have got an easy run in, so we want them dropping points ASAP.

Boro signing Rhodes has just upped the ante. Unlike the big spenders we can enjoy the ride more.

I think Sidwell may turn out to be our best signing. He will enable us to play three in midfield for the more difficult games and gives us much flexibility with our tactics (4-4-2 is rather rigid and predictable). I hope we do not throw away leads any more. It is a bad sign.

Hull
Boro, Derby
Brighton, Burnley, Birmingham, Wednesday

are the teams in contention.

I don't think it will be a case of teams slipping, but more that any of the top teams could put in a long undefeated run and that could include Ipswich as well.

Good post.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You've pretty much gone where I was going to go.

What you want from results other than our own, largely depends on whether you believe we have a chance of finishing above (at least) three of Hull, Middlesbrough, Burnley and Derby or not.

I'm actually not quite as positive as you, because your focus is on automatics rather than the play-offs. I'm still of the view that the latter is far more likely than the former, although it's by no means impossible (and will look even more possible if we can win these next two home games, which will set us up nicely for Hull). I thought at the beginning of the season that Boro and Hull were the likeliest candidates for automatic promotion, and haven't veered from that view. Where I have veered from is where we will finish, which was eighth at the end of August. If asked to indicate where we'll finish now, I'd go for somewhere between fourth and sixth. It's those other two or three that might make the top six from my top eight/nine that I'm especially worried about (i.e. Ipswich, Birmingham, Sheff Wed and maybe Cardiff).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Put some money by for a Wembley final. I think we should get 75 pts, but that might not be enough for the play-offs?

More inclined to get our team playing well before the last seven home fixtures.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm actually not quite as positive as you, because your focus is on automatics rather than the play-offs. I'm still of the view that the latter is far more likely than the former, although it's by no means impossible (and will look even more possible if we can win these next two home games, which will set us up nicely for Hull). I thought at the beginning of the season that Boro and Hull were the likeliest candidates for automatic promotion, and haven't veered from that view. Where I have veered from is where we will finish, which was eighth at the end of August. If asked to indicate where we'll finish now, I'd go for somewhere between fourth and sixth. It's those other two or three that might make the top six from my top eight/nine that I'm especially worried about (i.e. Ipswich, Birmingham, Sheff Wed and maybe Cardiff).

I guess you never know what the January window will throw up in change of fortune but I'm with you on automatic. Burnley could get a lot better yet and I think Brum might fade quickly.

This is just for fun ... getting even 60% of results correct is a challenge!

Football.JPG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I guess you never know what the January window will throw up in change of fortune but I'm with you on automatic. Burnley could get a lot better yet and I think Brum might fade quickly.

This is just for fun ... getting even 60% of results correct is a challenge!

View attachment 72036

I was wondering what had happened to that, as it had numerous outings last season. In the interim period, the club badges have changed, and there a few it's taken me a while to work out (e.g. the top two), but I think I've got there.
It also means that if you're right, I've lost an early season bet with [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION]. FWIW, I think he's on to a winner with that one. He can't help himself. Neither can I.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Never take anything for granted in The Championship.

I always give the division a swerve when betting, I guarantee there will be at least one result tonight that will mess up your accumulater or Yankee !

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hopefully Preston pick up at least a point at Derby to leave the RAMS in turmoil, Ipswich v Reading is a meh game, Sheffield Wednesday to POP the Burnley bubble and Wolves to HEAP more misery on Bolton. If Bolton lose I can see them taking the admin hit soon

Yup, spot on for me - Id love to see Derby in turmoil....Clement is possibly the most boring man in the world (that's an aside, so not for that reason - more that as a club they're arrogant *******s imho).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I was wondering what had happened to that, as it had numerous outings last season. In the interim period, the club badges have changed, and there a few it's taken me a while to work out (e.g. the top two), but I think I've got there.
It also means that if you're right, I've lost an early season bet with @Goldstone1976. FWIW, I think he's on to a winner with that one. He can't help himself. Neither can I.

It's a little early to be throwing in the towel just yet, but it's probably an idea to check you have one in the airing cupboard....

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Put some money by for a Wembley final. I think we should get 75 pts, but that might not be enough for the play-offs?

More inclined to get our team playing well before the last seven home fixtures.

Bearing in mind that the last time we achieved 75 points (under Gus) we had 42 points after 28 games, I would expect us to achieve between 80 and 85 points this time. We should be in the playoffs but perhaps just a bit too far from automatic.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's a little early to be throwing in the towel just yet, but it's probably an idea to check you have one in the airing cupboard....

Don't have an airing cupboard, nor any first growths in my cellar. But I haven't chucked that towel in yet. What was it again, 84 points will be enough for automatics, which means that the third place team won't get more than 83?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here