Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship 2023/24

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
He gave it away about 3 times and dispossessed 3 times. Couple of good runs though, needs to be less greedy.
Seeing as he’s playing in a team whose tactics he’s unfamiliar with and who certainly don’t play short, fast triangular passes, he adapted quite well after a nervous start. He’s going to be a star for them this season, just hope he keeps injury free.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The championship? ???

Is this what we call the bottom of the premier league? I didn’t realise there was anything lower than that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some folk do enjoy watching Championship football so may be best to start a general thread rather than a specific one for last night's match.

I tape the series on Sky so watched Leeds United v WBA faux live in the early hours.

The WBA goal was surreal. Being so used to VAR I was expecting it to be ruled out. I know Leeds have few friends, but that was seriously bad. A perfect jolt of the arm sending the keeper the wrong way. The offending player gleefully claiming the goal with no shame whatsoever.

Whatever you make think of VAR that was really bad. It may be that the ref was unsighted and the linesman couldn't be sure (it must have been) but seeing a goal like that in modern times stand is an odd feeling.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Enjoying seeing Plymouth in the Championship, they have the potential to make the PL and stay there. They seem to progress each season.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
And we can still laugh at Leeds United!!!
I hope they stay down for a few more years, must be torture getting a taste and not having the time to savour it before you’re kicked out..

Took me about 4 seasons before I started feeling moderately comfortable with our place in the PL.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Both sides are trying to play it out from the back, but Leicester are pouncing on Southampton's mistakes.

Soton 0 Leicester 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here