Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The buzz about Sami... It's out there folks!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not going overboard about SH, just relieved that we can move forward.
I for one, was excited about OG coming in and thought we were set for good times. His credentials/contacts looked good and his philosophy seemed sound.
He lacked two things. A large dollop of luck ( a crippling injury list like ours would have hampered any manager ) and he was just a bit too far down the learning curve that is English football. He needed time but ultimately decided that the task was too tough and could damage his CV too much. Clearly tapped up by MTA, he felt comfortable seeking refuge there again, where he can build his stock up and eventually return to Spain.
As for Sami, I'm neither excited or underwhelmed. Its a solid appointment and we have to back TB's judgement.

I too was excited by Oscar's arrival, largely for the points you mention. What has caused me to question Oscar was not so much his departure from B&HA, rather his return to MTA, which seemed a retrograde step.
Hyypia, however, is similarly exciting for me. The Bundesliga looks as good as any national league at present, and he's coached a team that's finished third, and also in the Champions League. That's pretty good credentials for a Championship club.
There's also the evolution of football that has occurred in the interim period between Oscar's and Hyypia's appointment, which the World Cup is illustrating quite clearly.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
These websites aren't free to run. As well as the immense time that the mods and especially owners put into these message boards, I'm sure it helps to attract advertisers by having as many subscribers as possible. If you want to benefit from regularly reading a website, it doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Far more likely though, as you say, it's a ploy to upset Brighton fans and make them feel unwelcome etc etc

The fella who knows more than me or you has spoken on the post after yours. I didn't say its to upset Brighton fans, just that you guys ain't as welcoming as that fella made out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here