Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The buzz about Sami... It's out there folks!

D

Deleted member 2719

After hearing the news of Sami joining the Albion, I had a Pompey fan laugh at me and say "i thought Brighton were ambitious" in a sarcy way.

Like i said he is a Pompey fan.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
After hearing the news of Sami joining the Albion, I had a Pompey fan laugh at me and say "i thought Brighton were ambitious" in a sarcy way.

Best funniest post of the evening,i'd have replied,we are,but we are not stupid.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Had to put up the 20 points better off post
Meh... Decent coup for them I suppose but who's to say that just because he kept a big rich club used to finishing top 4 in the top 4 he could get a upper mid table 2nd tier team to improve dramatically. Our squad is infinitely better than Brightons and our management team is more than capable of getting the best from them.

They should be pretty chuffed, sure. But we have nothing to be jealous about, we'll finish 20 points better off from them at least, comfortably
Don't know about a canary....more a bit of a cuckoo:wanker:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Had to put up the 20 points better off post
Meh... Decent coup for them I suppose but who's to say that just because he kept a big rich club used to finishing top 4 in the top 4 he could get a upper mid table 2nd tier team to improve dramatically. Our squad is infinitely better than Brightons and our management team is more than capable of getting the best from them.

They should be pretty chuffed, sure. But we have nothing to be jealous about, we'll finish 20 points better off from them at least, comfortably
Don't know about a canary....more a bit of a cuckoo:wanker:

That post could rebound on him.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Funny old game, the three people I have spoke with this morning were generally underwhelmed.

Make that 4. I just can't get exited about him at all even now after seeing his interviews. Got a bad feeling about this one.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Wonder how the Pompey fan would react to Hockaday taking over at Leeds. That, surely, is the most underwhelming appointment in recent times and at a bigger club than us.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm not going overboard about SH, just relieved that we can move forward.
I for one, was excited about OG coming in and thought we were set for good times. His credentials/contacts looked good and his philosophy seemed sound.
He lacked two things. A large dollop of luck ( a crippling injury list like ours would have hampered any manager ) and he was just a bit too far down the learning curve that is English football. He needed time but ultimately decided that the task was too tough and could damage his CV too much. Clearly tapped up by MTA, he felt comfortable seeking refuge there again, where he can build his stock up and eventually return to Spain.
As for Sami, I'm neither excited or underwhelmed. Its a solid appointment and we have to back TB's judgement.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Inviting people to register so they can contribute, rather than just read?

Whats wrong with just reading? Most probably the vast majority of people who visit forums just want to read. If they want to post then they can register on their own back. Its not as welcoming as that mod wanted tomake out.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Whats wrong with just reading? Most probably the vast majority of people who visit forums just want to read. If they want to post then they can register on their own back. Its not as welcoming as that mod wanted tomake out.

You are on BBS virtually every day posting.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Used to be not since about November.
Fair enough. Whenever i posted on there you appeared to be a regular contributor. I would say very prolific Andy.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC

These websites aren't free to run. As well as the immense time that the mods and especially owners put into these message boards, I'm sure it helps to attract advertisers by having as many subscribers as possible. If you want to benefit from regularly reading a website, it doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Far more likely though, as you say, it's a ploy to upset Brighton fans and make them feel unwelcome etc etc

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
These websites aren't free to run. As well as the immense time that the mods and especially owners put into these message boards, I'm sure it helps to attract advertisers by having as many subscribers as possible. If you want to benefit from regularly reading a website, it doesn't seem like too much to ask.

There's a high degree of granularity in the adverts placed on NSC that enable me to determine how much registered users contribute to NSC's income and how much comes from unregistered guests (although this will include registered users who have not logged in).

Guests contribute far more revenue to NSC than logged-in users, although they are subject to more invasive advertising, most notably ads embedded within threads themselves.

So, I've never felt the need to make people register and log-in to read NSC. Registered users create the content that draws in guests to view the forum and generate the revenue. It seems a decent balance to me.

Wherever possible I will never register for a site that tries to force registration by hiding content. I think it's a pretty shitty way to operate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here