[Albion] The Burnley matchday experience v likely AMEX matchday experience for Watford

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Comparing Burnley and Brighton is a bit like comparing Fyodor Dostoyevsky seminal work Crime and Punishment with...

... a packet of Scampi Fries.

Fyodor thought that people with new ideas, people with the faintest capacity for saying something new, are extremely few in number, extraordinarily so, in fact.

And people who can use apostrophes are even rarer

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A load of 25 year olds, double the number of total fans intended for the row, kind of tried to take our seats. Apparently common at away games, I rarely go away these days. So we all stood like sardines for the game.

This also happens at the back of the NS by the scoreboard, smashed mates meeting up, it can get a bit silly.

Very common at away games. Seems to be a couple of separate groups…… they basically congregate ‘somewhere’ regardless of seats assigned. Not usually a big deal, easy enough to move a bit if you don’t like it. I moved between blocks at Burnley - not because of the yoof, but to avoid a pillar that completely blocked out the goal at the far end.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My assumption was that trains would actually be better tomorrow, for the following reasons;

- Potentially slightly lower attendance overall (due to covid-related hesitancy)
- Hesitant supporters more likely to want to avoid being crammed on public transport and may drive separately.
- change of kick off time often seems to throw people as to what time to turn up, so may be more staggered and less concentrated.

That’s all my hope anyway, as I’m getting the train…

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Indeed, and helpful, friendly staff too.

The food was cash only, separate from the bar, but the lovely lady took my card over the bar and gave the cash to the food bods.

Agree the tips to go to the Cricket ground was a winner with us, fantastic friendly people and good food and drink at regular prices. Even got to watch a cricket match pre game!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Which I didn't comment on. For what it is worth I think Burnley's is non existent, "wear a mask if you like" would cover it. Brighton's is probably too wordy for some.

But isn't "wear a mask if you like" effectively the advice from HMG based on the science? Could it be argued that the club imposing mask wearing suggests that the club knows better than HMG when it comes to the wearing of masks?

It is a matter of personal choice surely? Sometimes I wear a mask. Mostly I don't. I've not encountered any shop, bar/restaurant (bar one cafe!!) or public transport where I've been commanded to wear a mask...........except the Amex!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't want to be too dramatic here, but I would give my high teeth to be able to come to England and go to a full Amex to watch a Premier League game.

All of these people complaining that it's such a huge inconvenience for them are really starting to get on my tits.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don't want to be too dramatic here, but I would give my high teeth to be able to come to England and go to a full Amex to watch a Premier League game.

All of these people complaining that it's such a huge inconvenience for them are really starting to get on my tits.

Here’s an idea…..don’t read the thread then.
Your choice to live overseas and their choice to complain.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

:lolol:

More of an alley than a concourse. Not built for social distancing.

I reckon I can beat even that...

BENTFORD (Griffin Park)
Not actually a concourse at all - just a tiny space behind the stand, where the queue for the food hatch is effectively IN the rancid gents' toilet.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

I know. Some of the people complaining about civil liberties being removed need to take a good look at what is happening in other areas of the world.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Here’s an idea…..don’t read the thread then.
Your choice to live overseas and their choice to complain.

NSC would be pretty boring if these "don't open the thread then" merchants got their way.

The reality is that a few months ago you couldn't even go to a pub. Now you can go to a capacity match but you have to jump through a few hoops. I've read a good few posts on here which I have ignored. But I want to remind the OP and others that it's actually pretty amazing that you can even go to an Albion match right now. Be happy. Don't compare us to ****ing Burnley.

My choice to live overseas has given me a bit of perspective, that's all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The opposite of that would be the away end at Yeovil ..no concourse as such but a big outside area ideal currently

Last time I went to Huddersfield the bar for the away end was outside at the top of the stand I think. It was a while ago though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports