Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Breakthrough Party.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bloody good job inflation is fully under control at the moment then.

Phew!... Thank God for the Tories.
The Tories are shit; we all know it. Doesn’t change the fact that a policy like the above would make matters worse.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
£16 minimum wage would put inflation through the roof. That would add 35% costs to supermarkets, factories and other similar jobs, plus NI and pension payments of another few percent. Do you think Tesco could pay that out of their profits?
Plus small companies like my own would go to the wall.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No. The cash would come off the magic money tree that grows at the end of every street in the UK.
Slow down, I haven't got my Bingo card out yet.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Freedom for Falmer

IMG_7395.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm waiting for some relatively radical (and non-spiteful) moves from Starmer and Reeves.

Starting to box themselves into a 'little change' agenda, this week announcing no increase in income tax for higher earners. I agree that no tax should be greater than 45% .... it really would only serve to discourage enterprise, graft, go the extra mile through years of difficult professional exams.

New housing should be the number one target, via shared ownership and housing associations. We need 3m new homes. Achieve that and wellbeing goes up in a big way. Just for starters.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As per usual when a “new” party you’ve never heard of puts something out, it’s important to remember the key question;

“Does their party logo look like a Union Jack?”

If yes, they’re far right weirdos.
If no, they’re far left weirdos.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It'll be the latest attempt from the SWP -- and/or related groups -- to make an impact at the next election. It will fail. Again.
There are no related groups to the SWP - they rather famously avoid any joint initiatives with any other left groups. When I was chair of my union branch, the Swoopers were a thorough pain

borat

Jul 16, 2003
As per usual when a “new” party you’ve never heard of puts something out, it’s important to remember the key question;

“Does their party logo look like a Union Jack?”

If yes, they’re far right weirdos.
If no, they’re far left weirdos.
Yeah instead lets continue sheepishly with virtually a two party system where there is little to choose between them.

Anyone outside the established orthodoxy is a ''wierdo''

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
£16 minimum wage would put inflation through the roof. That would add 35% costs to supermarkets, factories and other similar jobs, plus NI and pension payments of another few percent. Do you think Tesco could pay that out of their profits?
You'll be voting for the "every should be paid less including me" party ?

Strange no-one says this when CEO pay goes through the roof or bankers get 7-figure bonuses

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There are no related groups to the SWP - they rather famously avoid any joint initiatives with any other left groups. When I was chair of my union branch, the Swoopers were a thorough pain
Yes, they're a pain. But they've tried to form new parties before. For instance, at the time of the Iraq War, they were pushing to form a party with Greens and Muslims. It didn't happen and that's not surprising because they will impose their 'truth' on others, garnered from The State and Revolution or selected ideas from Trotsky.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
You'll be voting for the "every should be paid less including me" party ?

Strange no-one says this when CEO pay goes through the roof or bankers get 7-figure bonuses

Good point Randy ... what about all the people who vote for the 'keep the door wide open for cheap Eastern European Labour party' ensuring wages at the bottom are continually suppressed?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Good point Randy ... what about all the people who vote for the 'keep the door wide open for cheap Eastern European Labour party' ensuring wages at the bottom are continually suppressed?
Still enjoying the abolition of your freedom of movement I see, how's that working out ?

"Stop the Boats" "Stop the Boats"

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Still enjoying the abolition of your freedom of movement I see, how's that working out ?

"Stop the Boats" "Stop the Boats"

Very poor attempt at deflection Mr Nob.

For years, you have been a cheerleader for all those lovely institutions, politicians and business's who all insisted having a lovely, endless supply of cheap labour (which undoubtedly suppressed wages, mainly at the lower end) is the only way our economy can prosper ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here