Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Breakthrough Party.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This came through my door today.

IMG_20230625_160600.jpg

I'm so out of touch at the moment, due to largely being in Ostrich mode for the past couple of years to try to protect my sanity, that I'd never even heard of them. I'm not active on Social media either, bar here, and it seems that's where they're concentrating their efforts so far.

Having a brief look around their website and their 'minifesto', I can't find anything there I disagree with.

No surprise there appears to be almost zero coverage of them in the mainstream media.

Anyone else here never heard of them before?

If you have heard of them. What are your thoughts?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
£16 minimum wage would put inflation through the roof. That would add 35% costs to supermarkets, factories and other similar jobs, plus NI and pension payments of another few percent. Do you think Tesco could pay that out of their profits?
Absolutely this!

Minimum wage rises must be incremental in line with inflation. It’s all very well saying “more money for lowest incomes = good” (and it sounds great to me, not being rich myself) but the reality is prices will shoot up further, so everything will rise from benefits to rent (despite what they say) to mortgages to shopping.

The only winners right now are the big companies and the banks. The pamphlet is well meaning, but completely misses the point of why the economy is f***ed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have an increasingly large independent element in our council, called "The Swale Independents Alliance". In realize most of them are in Sheppey, but they are 100% white which I find slightly surprising. https://www.swaleindependentsalliance.org/

Perhaps they could be related?

Edit: clearly not. This lot are mad lefty mentalists, a 'working class' elite. https://breakthroughparty.org.uk/

By contrast, Swale independents seem harmless enough, even if their deputy leader, with his Most Peculiar mullet, does look like a cross between Smashy and Nicey.

1687708414716.png

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
We have an increasingly large independent element in our council, called "The Swale Independents Alliance". In realize most of them are in Sheppey, but they are 100% white which I find slightly surprising. https://www.swaleindependentsalliance.org/

They seem harmless enough, even if their deputy leader, with his Most Peculiar mullet, does look like a cross between Smashy and Nicey.

View attachment 162722
I wouldn't care if he's some sort of divine blend of Jesus himself, Clem Attlee, Lloyd George and Abraham Lincoln, there's no way I'm voting for a man with that haircut.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

View attachment 162718

I'm so out of touch at the moment, due to largely being in Ostrich mode for the past couple of years to try to protect my sanity, that I'd never even heard of them. I'm not active on Social media either, bar here, and it seems that's where they're concentrating their efforts so far.

Having a brief look around their website and their 'minifesto', I can't find anything there I disagree with.

No surprise there appears to be almost zero coverage of them in the mainstream media.

QR codes and everything though. Is there anywhere I can give my bank details ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

View attachment 162718

Whenever I see a new party announcing themselves I always have a look behind the couch to see if Farage is lurking somewhere. Or some bonehead who’s been expelled from the Tory party for being too far to the right and pinching ladies’ bottoms.

As an aside, when we have a financial system that would collapse if we gave people a decent wage, that system is not fit for purpose and needs to go. As if.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
£16 minimum wage would put inflation through the roof. That would add 35% costs to supermarkets, factories and other similar jobs, plus NI and pension payments of another few percent. Do you think Tesco could pay that out of their profits?
No. The cash would come off the magic money tree that grows at the end of every street in the UK.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

View attachment 162718

Just searched them, via Company's house, and here is the twitter account of the founder (and I assumer, leader).

No obvious links to any other party

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. The cash would come off the magic money tree that grows at the end of every street in the UK.
It's pleasing and reassuring that some of us who have spent many years being mocked by a tiny number of 'right thinking' types for having the temerity to suggest that 'full speed ahead with the conservative party' may be asinine folly, immediately gave a thumbs up to that. We 'loony lefties'. Pleasing and reassuring indeed.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Whenever I see a new party announcing themselves I always have a look behind the couch to see if Farage is lurking somewhere. Or some bonehead who’s been expelled from the Tory party for being too far to the right and pinching ladies’ bottoms.

As an aside, when we have a financial system that would collapse if we gave people a decent wage, that system is not fit for purpose and needs to go. As if.
But it's clear that every single poster on this thread stating a minimum wage increase is unsustainable is in fact on minimum wage themselves and taking one for Team UK.

How dare you belittle their efforts!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You really don't. As soon as Farage does party politics, the media are all over it, giving him as much publicity as he could hope for, and it'd be framed as Nigel Farage's party, or ex-UKIP, or former Brexit Party.
But wouldn't be surprised if there's some activity from that lot over the next few months, as we're all desperate for him to reappear and save our days. The wild card is whether Johnson is involved, but I doubt it. He knows that they're just a protest party, whereas the electorate are guaranteed to indulge the Tories.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
From the policies, I’m guessing it’s a load of disaffected Corbynites.

Full-time equivalent annual salary for £16/h min wage is 27K. Inflation would just go insane.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023

Edit: clearly not. This lot are mad lefty mentalists, a 'working class' elite. https://breakthroughparty.org.uk/

By contrast, Swale independents seem harmless enough, even if their deputy leader, with his Most Peculiar mullet, does look like a cross between Smashy and Nicey.

View attachment 162722
....and then there was the time Simon Le Bon asked me to stand in for him when he had a sore throat but I had to pick our Linda up from the bingo that night so....Just sort the bin collections out Mike ffs.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
But it's clear that every single poster on this thread stating a minimum wage increase is unsustainable is in fact on minimum wage themselves and taking one for Team UK.

How dare you belittle their efforts!
Yup. That old trope has followed the minimum/living wage since before its introduction, but gets trotted out by the proles to their hearts content.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
From the policies, I’m guessing it’s a load of disaffected Corbynites.

Full-time equivalent annual salary for £16/h min wage is 27K. Inflation would just go insane.
Bloody good job inflation is fully under control at the moment then.

Phew!... Thank God for the Tories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here