Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The bit of cardboard around piglets pies

What do you want your pie served in/on?

• Bag (like last season)

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • Box (like a few seasons ago)

Votes: 49 36.3%
  • Cardboard plate (I was given this in 1901 once)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Foil dish

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Cardboard sleeve (this season)

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

greachain

Mar 19, 2023
Wasn’t sure about the new bit of cardboard around my pie on Saturday - kind of preferred it in its sealed paper bag. Thoughts?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I saw these and had the same thought. Didn't look like a good to way to eat them. They also looked a bit squashed.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I gave up on the pies last season in WSU as they were having problems with how they were being cooked/heated. This wasn’t just in my mind as it was confirmed by lady owner of Piglets.

Thought I’d give them a go again on Saturday and my chicken, gammon and leek pie was back to how it should be. Lovely pastry and the pie was nice and hot … so the branded cardboard sleeve was ok … but can imagine all sorts of gravy carnage if the pies are falling apart!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure the bags were the best for serving pies in - they sweat and go soggy. However the bonus is the pie-eater has a useful receptacle to catch pie spillage as they munch.

I didn't have a pie on Saturday but my son did. It looked as though the cardboard sleeve thing meant that the pie had retained more of a crispness but, as others have said, there was little in the way of a safety net for when things went wrong.

Serving a pie isn't rocket science, it's actually far more difficult than that.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's all to appease the tofu-eating wokerati :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I got a ten match ban for simply pointing out that you could buy two superior sausage rolls and a glorious pie from Bangers in Baker Street and still have change from a fiver
I gave up eating meat about 4 years ago, before I did buy the lamb and mint sauce pie from Bangers, probably one of the best pies I’ve had.
The best veggie pie I’ve had was at Lewes FC.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Bring back the bag! Handy for catching all the crumbs and debris.

Reactions: KNC

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
#teambag. I find the cardboard absolutely useless. I got balti over my shorts on Saturday. Looked like I’d shat myself.
As the OP said the box first couple of seasons was best.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've added a poll to help the pie people. They may not thank me :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Two games (friendly incl), and both pies have been good. But worried when they cook the pies early and are soft and will just squelch into a mush in the cardboard. From experience last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here