Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The biggest 50 clubs in England...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I stopped when I saw Wigan, Charlton & Palace were ranked above us and just had to laugh...

why? All three have spent more time, more recently, in the top flight than we have, Wigan might be a bit iffy because historically they are newbies, Charlton have a far more illustrious history than we have.

Last edited:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I stopped when I saw Wigan, Charlton & Palace were ranked above us and just had to laugh...
Wigan in their 38 year league history have achieved a lot ,Fa cup winners ,League cup runners up ,played in Europe.That's not bad for a side that has so many big clubs around them.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That list reminds me of those plastic footballs you used to buy from Woolworths, with the names of about 10 random teams printed on them, from Wolves to Burnley to Everton.

I used to bloody LOVE those footballs.

My early memories of playing football with friends was of those plastic orange ones. Mind of their own in the air. In fact I used it as my username on NSC when I first started using it 15 years ago.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The list is based on history and previous achievements , not shiny new stadiums and upsurges in attendances.
I'm surprised you've actually made the top 50

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

Wigan and Charlton have both won the FA cup.

And Palace will always be a bigger club than us

Just want to be someone's quote on bbs

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All the clubs above us have either won more than us or have been above us for most of our history. I have no real complaints. We won the Charity Shield in the days so black and white, that is it really.

Interesting that our income is 29th. Only Premier clubs and parachute clubs above us? Bodes well don't you think?

I assume that this is quite old because I am pretty certain Watford's income is more than ours.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The crowd rankings are fictional nonsense and need reworking.

Feb 14, 2010

Typical nonsense from a northerner who knows little about southern football. He puts Brighton/Palace in the same bracket as Bournemouth. Both Brighton/Palace historically had a big support despite lower league football. Bournemouth have not. OK its right to say that these days Palace need top flight football for anyone to watch them but Brighton are the same, lower league football but a support bigger than most if not all northern clubs in the same division. Nothing has changed on that front at Brighton. Also clubs like Spurs and Arsenal have always been some of the biggest supported clubs, and West Ham/Chelsea just under that (although Chelsea's crowds did go down massively because of hooliganism in the 80's as did ours.) Neville is talking drivel to write an article based on a false stereotype. As for size of a club, then the only trest is the size of the fanbase. Brighton are where they always have been, around 12th to 15th in the country despite lower league teams. Where we would be with a decent top flight side is open to question.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My early memories of playing football with friends was of those plastic orange ones. Mind of their own in the air. In fact I used it as my username on NSC when I first started using it 15 years ago.

An Orange one with dimples and I could make Roberto Carlos look like Johnny Crumplin :thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Reading and Wigan above us lol
Big clubs are not based upon trophys....Big clubs are only based on fan base and attendances.
Winning a cup or being in the top flight is just an achievement.
Wigan could win the European cup two years running and the fa cup and two prem titles and they still wouldn't be a big club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here