Votes: 129 73.3%
  • Rotate away

Votes: 47 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The "or someone else", I would love to see Rushworth finally get his chance and take it.

But we have so many talented young keepers on our books, and with Steele still contracted, I do wonder what the approach will be.

Beadle is young and will get another loan at Champ level in all likelihood, but for Rushworth it might be approaching crunch time for him to make the first team.
Rushworth and Beadle - it's like the days of Walton and Sanchez all over again! Walton was a couple of years senior to Sanchez, and was generally thought to be further on in his journey, but it was Sanchez who nipped in and took the place and made it his own, while Walton was loaned out - and later transferred - to Ipswich Town.
Wonder how it will work out with Rushworth and Beadle? Happy days!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would you even attempt the sniff test with some players....
I think Paddy McCourt might have taken a bit Dutch courage
A few too many deep sniffs, and you'd be at risk of being over the limit for your drive home.

Mar 4, 2024
Goalkeeper debate. TBH haven't a problem with either. Also no problem with playing out from the back, it's got us where we've been. However, get really frustrated when 4 or 5 times in a game when opponents attack has broke down with most of them in our half, and there's an opportunity to roll the ball out very quick to the wings and get up the pitch. Struggling to remember a goal on the break from us. Hopefully tomorrow UTA.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Goalkeeper debate. TBH haven't a problem with either. Also no problem with playing out from the back, it's got us where we've been. However, get really frustrated when 4 or 5 times in a game when opponents attack has broke down with most of them in our half, and there's an opportunity to roll the ball out very quick to the wings and get up the pitch. Struggling to remember a goal on the break from us. Hopefully tomorrow UTA.
Every team plays out from the back it’s hardly unique anymore don’t get why it’s made a meal of. Keeper rotation is just plan daft unsettles the keeper and the defence. It’s a shame because it’s been detrimental to us this season could have been so much better.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
RDZ pre-match conference will please a number on here:- "Bart plays tomorrow. I am happy and lucky to work with Bart, Jason as well. They are different players, different keepers. Very important for Brighton."

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I completely get the whole approach to be honest. BV is a young keeper – who has improved A LOT over the course of the season. Chuck him in at the deep end from the start of the season and it's likely his confidence would be shot having made some of the mistakes he did. Bring in JS in his place to let him learn from the sidelines and keep him on his toes and we seem to be seeing the benefits and it looks like there is a clear 'favourite' now. He'll probably be the number one next season and possibly an end to the rotation?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I completely get the whole approach to be honest. BV is a young keeper – who has improved A LOT over the course of the season. Chuck him in at the deep end from the start of the season and it's likely his confidence would be shot having made some of the mistakes he did. Bring in JS in his place to let him learn from the sidelines and keep him on his toes and we seem to be seeing the benefits and it looks like there is a clear 'favourite' now. He'll probably be the number one next season and possibly an end to the rotation?
Seems the rotation has already at least paused. I make that 6 in a row since Roma away for Bart (including tomorrow)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here