Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Big Bang Theory.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It helps that Hayley Cuoco (that's her name right?) is SLIGHTLY phenomenal......as an actress of course. As an actress.

Speaking of American Sit coms....I can't WAIT for Modern family to retun.

Porbably not everyones cup of tea but I love it.

I double agree. Modern Family is brilliant.
And she almost makes BBT watchable

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I found that it really grated after a while. There's bugger all character-development (perhaps that's the point) - but my main issue is that the group dynamic doesn't work because the Sheldon character is so unlikable. Realistically no-one would bother associating with him.

But then other successful sit coms follow a similar formula where the main character is flawed and couldn't really see people holding a real relationship with them- eg Basil Fawlty.

I do agree it is surprising that The Big Bang Theory has endured for so long given it is all based on the same premise and with so little development. I suppose it helps they keep leaving the Raj character drifting along, plus Sheldon / Amy's relationship hanging by a thread so any developments there will come as a surprise to the audience.

Having said that last nights episode was a cut above the average.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Must admit I have only watched a couple of shows, my view has been clouded following a visit Warner Bros studios a couple of year's ago when our guide said the were the most obnoxious group of actors out of all of the shows made there

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It helps that Hayley Cuoco (that's her name right?) is SLIGHTLY phenomenal......as an actress of course. As an actress.

Speaking of American Sit coms....I can't WAIT for Modern family to retun.

Porbably not everyones cup of tea but I love it.

Its Kaley....and she's just a bit more than phenomenal....as an actress :wink:

Great programme - and last nights Thanksgiving episode was brilliant.

But then other successful sit coms follow a similar formula where the main character is flawed and couldn't really see people holding a real relationship with them- eg Basil Fawlty.

To be honest I'm probably not the target audience for TBBT-style sitcoms. I find How I Met Your Mother pretty good, and thought Friends was decent back in the day, because there was an over-arching story of some kind and the jokes were mixed in with much more 'light drama'. I don't find the comedy in Big Bang Theory strong enough (whereas I did in say Fawlty Towers) to make up for the lack of wider context.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
There's no more character development and the writers have said Penny and Leonard aren't going to break up. So what's next? Marriage and kids? Not sure about that.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No, it's not. Amusing enough at times but the joke wears rather thin rather quickly.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Was rather disappointed to see Blossom has not "blossomed" but instead remained rather honky and plain.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Of course its not the best EVER but its arguably the best yank offering atm, it's one of the few "intelligent" US comedies there are. Having said that, new girl is consistently good and Brooklyn nine-nine is brilliant if you haven't seen it yet. Its only just started on c4/e4 but I've been streaming it online and it's definitely worth a watch.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Loved the first 4 seasons then got bored of the repetitive formula and lack of any real character or situation development. Much prefer How I met your mother personally.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Melissa Fumero. She is LUDICROUS. I was watching it in bed and I sat bolt upright (so to speak) when she came on screen. STRATOSPHERIC levels of fine.

I think I said "goodness me" when she appeared on my screen.

I don't think anything should make me choose "goodness me" as a verbal reaction at the age of 27.

New FAVE.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Was rather disappointed to see Blossom has not "blossomed" but instead remained rather honky and plain.

:facepalm: never realised it was her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here