Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best thing ever bought from the Aldi "mad middle" section...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I bought an ice cream maker for under £20 - it's been brilliant for about six or seven summers

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Excellent thread! I bought an amazing bouncy castle for my boys that cost £15 - great value but takes about 3 hours to manually blow it up, if only they'd sell a cheap electric pump too!
I also got an inspection camera for £70 (about half price of the others I was looking at) great for helping getting pipework and cables under floorboards but only been used for bogey hunting by anyone who's asked to borrow it.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Lidl and Aldi food and drink is often voted the best of the supermarkets in blind tastings but it takes an age to get through the cash points as they are so popular.

Seriously? We've started using the one in lewes the last few months. We can,buy nearly a months shopping barring milk, bread and veg for just over £100. It's amazing.

I've found that the tills don't have enough room past the scanner for your stuff and the checkout staff can pass the items through at WARP SPEED. So quick that it takes the pair of us to both bag up simultaneously and so quick we can't separate frozen, jars, fresh stuff properly!

I find the queues quicker than the likes of tesco, Asda etc.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm a recent convert to the Aldi in Enfield; meat and wine is excellent. Only minor issue is why the packing areas at the tills are so small. I don't really get this as there is plenty of space to make them bigger.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Excellent thread! I bought an amazing bouncy castle for my boys that cost £15 - great value but takes about 3 hours to manually blow it up, if only they'd sell a cheap electric pump too!
I also got an inspection camera for £70 (about half price of the others I was looking at) great for helping getting pipework and cables under floorboards but only been used for bogey hunting by anyone who's asked to borrow it.

I have [probably] the same inflatable from Aldi. Got a £15 air pump from Chad Valley at Argos. Takes around 10-15 mins to fully inflate, worth the money IMO.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I always check out the " Aisle of Mystery" in the local lidl. It's amazing what passes for internment the older you get.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is a Lidl in Canterbury. I got my clothes drying rack there.

Just checked online and Tesco and John Lewis sell the concatina racks, but these are crap. My Lidl one is flat, with slightly elevated extendable ends. Magic.

Aside from that, I do tend to feel a bit unclean shopping in Lidl, on the grounds that I'm a Massive Snob :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've never been in an Aldi.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is a Lidl in Canterbury. I got my clothes drying rack there.

Just checked online and Tesco and John Lewis sell the concatina racks, but these are crap. My Lidl one is flat, with slightly elevated extendable ends. Magic.

Aside from that, I do tend to feel a bit unclean shopping in Lidl, on the grounds that I'm a Massive Snob :lolol:

Aldi & Lidl are German. The Germans don't sell rubbish.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I'm a recent convert to the Aldi in Enfield; meat and wine is excellent. Only minor issue is why the packing areas at the tills are so small. I don't really get this as there is plenty of space to make them bigger.
The tills are small and the staff trained to scan at "warp" speed so that you just put everything back in the trolley and bag on the shelves after the till or at your car.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Outstanding electric pencil sharpener for a fiver. A world class piece of kit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here