Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BEST GTA game you have ever played.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Well, my lunchtime purchase is going to make this a looooooong afternoon in the office. Ah well, I suppose a few hours at work will pay for my purchase and I've waited years to play any GTA game so I guess I'll survive.

Any hints for a GTA virgin?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
It's that generation who are still into it. Kids today are just lame, they're more into phone apps than proper gaming.

Those of us in our late 20s/30s grew up with a string of gaming revolutions and no social media or internet to distract us. My personal console history is: C64, Master system II, Mega Drive, Saturn, Playstation 2, XBOX 360. Although I don't play much any more and it's also down to not having time. I only bought the 360 because I split up with my bird but found I don't actually get that much time to play it. More responsibility at work, going out, owning a house etc. all get in the way.

That's a very interesting perspective. Who would have thought that gaming would be the sign of a mature person with an above average attention span?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
no it isnt - thats the price i got mine for a year ago with uncharted - you can get it much cheaper than that

Where did you get that? I've had a look today and haven't found any cheaper then that. I was going to wait and get a PS4 but I'm not going to now as I don't want to pay to go online.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
For what it's worth, my gaming history:

Spectrum ZX > Nintendo (NES) > Mega Drive > Playstation > Dreamcast > Gamecube > PS2 > Xbox > Xbox360 > PS4?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Another vote for vice city, all day long. Epic soundtrack!

console history: Sinclair spectrum>Nes>mega drive>snes>n64(favorite ever console)>xbox>ps2>bact to xbox>360(had several premiums then a super elite)

currently without console, driving me mad, cant wait for the xbox one to come out in Norway!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
holy tit balls it takes a while to install dunnit?

must be torture if you're a gamer and have played all the other GTA games... it's pissing me off and i've only owned the bloody console 5 minutes.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Resisted the temptation to pre-order GVA 5, loved Vice City, just awesome.

Probably will buy it at some point though, knowing me :)

SeagullsT0m

Feb 25, 2009
GTA V has all the potential to be one of the best game ever! But San Andreas is probably my favourite just because I haven't played the new one that much compared to the hours I put in SA. But it's already worth the £35 I paid for it :D

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I knew this was a bad idea...

Started installing yesterday at about 5pm. After completing a few missions, at 9pm I figured I should stop playing. "Let's just have a little explore...." And the next thing I know it's 1am.

Most fun I had was during my exploration phase. I went for a hike in the hills, stole a tractor, off roaded it all the way up to the Hollywood sign and then careened all the way back down and smashed into the Hollywood bowl where I jumped out of the tractor, beat up someone by the ticket booths and was fairly quickly shot in the head by a policeman. Awesome.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I knew this was a bad idea...

Started installing yesterday at about 5pm. After completing a few missions, at 9pm I figured I should stop playing. "Let's just have a little explore...." And the next thing I know it's 1am.

Most fun I had was during my exploration phase. I went for a hike in the hills, stole a tractor, off roaded it all the way up to the Hollywood sign and then careened all the way back down and smashed into the Hollywood bowl where I jumped out of the tractor, beat up someone by the ticket booths and was fairly quickly shot in the head by a policeman. Awesome.

That's the fun of it. The world genuinely feels alive and not just full of robots with no personality. You can spend hours just wandering around exploring and seeing what's possible.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's amazing how many LA landmarks you can recognise just from watching films/TV. I got shot for going in here.

Paramont_Pic_7665.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here