Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BEST GTA game you have ever played.

D

Deleted member 18477

GTA III was the best.
Vice City was a bit rubbish.
San Andreas was pretty cool.

Haven't played GTA 4 and won't bother with GTA 5 either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Vice City, without a doubt. The day I first flew that helicoptor, I nearly cried.

Mind you, it used to take me AGES to complete a mission, because I'd invariably end up sitting in the car listening to music not wanting to get out.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
The PS4 is out at the end of November but if I were you I'd look for a cheap PS3 (be it new or used) not just for GTA V but for some of the other fantastic games that you've missed out on. The Last Of Us, the Bioshock games, the Uncharted series, Far Cry 3 and Heavy Rain to name but a few

Cheers. I looked the other day and saw ps3s were going pretty cheap so I figured the ps4 must be on the horizon. Ps3 is probably my best bet but, as good as they may be, I'm not going anywhere any other games (famous last words but it would be strange to turn into a gamer at this stage of my life...)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Cheers. I looked the other day and saw ps3s were going pretty cheap so I figured the ps4 must be on the horizon. Ps3 is probably my best bet but, as good as they may be, I'm not going anywhere any other games (famous last words but it would be strange to turn into a gamer at this stage of my life...)

You're never too old to be a gamer; the average gamer these days is a 3..1 year old man? 34?

There's a game out there for everyone, be it balls-to-the-wall action like Call of Duty or the sedate strategy of Civilisation.

As long as good games get made I have no plans to stop gaming until, well, ever.

Edit: Found the study - the average gamer these days is a 35 year old man with a job and a family, and takes four weeks to get through a game

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
You're never too old to be a gamer; the average gamer these days is a 3..1 year old man? 34?

There's a game out there for everyone, be it balls-to-the-wall action like Call of Duty or the sedate strategy of Civilisation.

As long as good games get made I have no plans to stop gaming until, well, ever.

Edit: Found the study - the average gamer these days is a 35 year old man with a job and a family, and takes four weeks to get through a game

It's more of a time thing with me. I have a bit of an addictive personality and worry I would spend way too much time playing.

Having said that, I fancy a go at COD too...

See? It's started already :(

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The original, top-down games are the best and there was nothing quite like mowing down a line of people.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The PS4 is out at the end of November but if I were you I'd look for a cheap PS3 (be it new or used) not just for GTA V but for some of the other fantastic games that you've missed out on. The Last Of Us, the Bioshock games, the Uncharted series, Far Cry 3 and Heavy Rain to name but a few

Maybe buy Bernard's Watch at the same time so I can have an extra 25 hours a week to play all these bad boys...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

It's that generation who are still into it. Kids today are just lame, they're more into phone apps than proper gaming.

Those of us in our late 20s/30s grew up with a string of gaming revolutions and no social media or internet to distract us. My personal console history is: C64, Master system II, Mega Drive, Saturn, Playstation 2, XBOX 360. Although I don't play much any more and it's also down to not having time. I only bought the 360 because I split up with my bird but found I don't actually get that much time to play it. More responsibility at work, going out, owning a house etc. all get in the way.

I'm coming out of semi-retirement for GTA V purely because I've followed the series most of the way through and it's the only one I get genuinely excited about.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
So, been looking on t'internet and i see I can get a new 500gb PS3 bundled with GTA V for 260 dollars... about 160 quid... Good deal? As you can tell, I know nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here