Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The best black pudding in Brighton?

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Contrary to popular opinion in the UK, black pudding is not some northern peculiarity but a popular food eaten all over Europe. If you can get hold of some "morcilla de Burgos" is particularly good (it contains a bit of rice, onion and spices as well) and is eaten all over Spain

View attachment 144096
There's a little Spanish deli/sandwich shop at 7 Dials that usually has a nice Morcilla in the chiller cabinet.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It has taken me an age to find a decent black pudding here.
After going through all the ones made by what the 'Italian' style delicatessen companies produce, which taste like disinfectant, I finally found an imported one in Spudshed, which is a sort of cut priced supermarket chain here.
It is a bit pricey at $10, about 5 quid in your money, for 4 x circles, 60mm dia and 12mm thick, but tastes great.
Regular weekend treat now.
It has been around since 800 years BC apparently and some of the deli ones tasted as though they came from that original batch !
Still can't find unsmoked bacon though.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Calcot Farm makes their own, I pick it up from Florence Rd market on Saturdays but they do home deliveries and isn't too far if you're driving. Best I've had since moving back from Edinburgh.

https://www.calcotfarmproduce.co.uk/

Had some this weekend which I picked up at Steyning market - nicely spiced and tasty and will buy again. Thanks for the recommendation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here