Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The best beer there is....

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I should probably clarify my post slightly.....I have two issues with Untapped. Firstly the stamp collectors out there. I've seen people come into pubs look at the pumps and then their phone and go I've had that, I've had that, I've had that.....just buy a beer and drink it you ****! I go to pubs to drink not to play beer pokemon!

Secondly a pal of mine who does use it started putting mixes on there which is a pretty common thing to do (I think) especially beer festival time and they threatened to kick him off. Surely the whole point of the app is sharing beers? Why wouldn't you want to know if mixing a 9% porter with a 4% stout creates a taste sensation?

I agree with your assessment, I am a bit of a 'ticker' or stamp collector, but I don't log every beer.
I like using it as a diary, so I'll use it on a football away day or a lads weekend, take silly photos, record funny comments etc that may get lost in an alcoholic haze

albionite

May 20, 2009
Honeycomb.jpeg

Brighton's very own unbarred :drink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol:

It's not light and bitter anymore is it?

I’m sue if you asked them nicely they’d add some light and bitter in there as well!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I agree with your assessment, I am a bit of a 'ticker' or stamp collector, but I don't log every beer.
I like using it as a diary, so I'll use it on a football away day or a lads weekend, take silly photos, record funny comments etc that may get lost in an alcoholic haze

I can understand that. I used to do the same with a twitter account (@BeerBlackie) but it doesn't really see the light of day any more. Might dust it off at GBBF this year.........oh :facepalm::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::annoyed::cry::cry:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thanks, both.

If there is anything that takes your fancy I can throw you a referral code for £10 off £29 spend. For transparency I get £10 too

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Both pretty common beers to be honest and both regulars at my local (Coopers Arms Crowborough). Do you chaps use Untapped? No of course you don't only wankers do but the one thing it is good for is seeing what beers are on in pubs near by.

Citra is on sale in bottles at Waitrose, Tescos and Morrisons.

Dark Star sell 5l giant cans of Partridge out of their shop - https://store.darkstarbrewing.co.uk/collections/beer/products/partridge-best-bitter

Obviously there is no correct answer to the original question as the thread has proved.

Couple of beers that haven't been mentioned yet that I would check out....

Eight Arch Corbel
Anything by Bristol Beer Factory but Independence and their Milk Stout are both awesome
Larkins Porter
Burning Sky Aurora (For the people who will only entertain Sussex beers)

Citra in bottles just isn’t worth it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Before I moved to Canada in 82, I was fond of real ales. Not a bearded ranting CAMRA pillock, just someone who enjoyed one or two pints a couple of times a week, especially Saturday lunchtime, in a quiet pub, ideally with an open fire where I could sit with my dog and read a book.

Anyway, after nearly 4 years in Vancouver, in 1986 I hadn't tasted English 'warm' beer for so long I'd forgotten what it was like. I hankered for it though. Okanagen cider was the best offer there at the time, and I refused to drink it ice cold. So, one of my mates made a visit to England and came back with a small keg of beer. It was Harvey's or Bass or Abbott (these had been favourites of mine for different reasons). Brown, flat and clear. He brought it into work, let it settle for a few days, and poured me a small glass. Room temperature. Absolute nectar, and the taste of home. It actually brought tears to my eyes.

Sadly I can no longer drink any beer with wheat owing to gluten intolerance, so I don't bother with beer at all.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Very rarely go to pubs these days - my current supermarket bottle of choice is Proper Job. Weird how the taste buds change as I never liked anything too hoppy until the last few years. My favourite used to be Firestoker until they retired it. Also like the Christmas Pudding Ale that did the rounds every Christmas for a few years but that went the same way. Used to love that soft jerky from Mariani a few years ago and then that disappeared. Basically, me liking something means it is likely to be withdrawn.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Anything left on the supermarket shelves, surely? Except Budweiser, of course, and anything else purporting to be the "official" beer of football, Wembley etc..

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Anything left on the supermarket shelves, surely? Except Budweiser, of course, and anything else purporting to be the "official" beer of football, Wembley etc..

When I went yesterday most of that sort of stuff was decimated but the "craft" (I hate that expression....surely even Budweiser is someones craft!?!) beers were still in tact. Got 8 bottles of Jaipur just to take the edge off.

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Mostly dark beers for me
Arbor - the devil made me brew it on cask is great, as is Bristol beer factory milk stout that's already had a mention
For other styles I like a good sour or saison from somewhere like siren or bbno.

Bought a case of assorted Thornbridge beers when this current mess kicked off and although it was a lot cheaper than many other craft stuff I've bought recently I've been a little disappointed so far. Their Sheffield Wednesday beer was particularly poor!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here