Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best atmosphere EVER at the Amex

Brighton_Rose

Up the Albion!
Aug 13, 2011
Withdean Brighton
Loved shouting 'we are Brighton' as loud as possible! was such an amazing atmosphere and game (team battled so hard). Was emotional cheering the team at the end and seeing their emotions and all the passion in the stadium. Always feel emotional at the end of a season but more so this time. Watched a bit of the game back this morning, sounded awesome! Have so enjoyed this season and so proud of the team! They have been amazing to watch, loved it! And love CH!

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Amazing atmopshere. Can't help but feel that the fact it was all songs everybody knows and everybody can join in with as they are simple helped. More of that next season and it will be easier to create an atmosphere rather than the nonsense you normally get from under the police box

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Result aside, what a night. That atmosphere, that performance from the lads. Amazing, so proud.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Sorry to break up the fan love in, but you couldn't sell out your ground for a playoff semi final second leg? Yep great support

So what's your average home attendances this season then ??
a04d4c4e49ab2160af7d747915f73ff2.jpg

Seems to be a lot of plastics jumped on your bandwagon all of a sudden !!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gave them a Fright: did not take it to the Wire

At least equal anything I had ever heard before and better than I had seen before. And to equal it I would have to go back to 1972. But the score went our way back then.

Woodwork has had an exceptional game against us in all our play-offs.

PS: The only time I rmember it as good was in 1971-72 against Rotherham in a Division 3 game. We won 2-1 and took the game past the wire. Crowd numbers were about the same.

From that day I have always reckoned get the crowd above 26K and there is almost always an extra buzz. Not always though. At the Goldstone, it sometimes got too crowded for comfort and became subdues.

PS2: I thought Sheff Wed were a better team than Burnley. Not quite so sure if they were better than Hull?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I watched it on Sky and have never seen or heard anything like that first half as a Brighton fan. It felt like watching a World Cup knockout game for the intensity and the noise.

The most telling thing was that Wurzel was absolutely blown away at half time. I lost count of the number of times he said "brilliant", he was totally losing it about how good we'd been and the atmosphere (and he rightly said that their goal should never have stood). We never get much change out of him (apart from "Chrissy Hughton's such a great bloke etc") so it said a lot.

Well done to everyone who went.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The question now is how can we make an atmosphere like that the rule rather than the exception?

Flydye75

May 17, 2016
Brighton
Don't think it will be possible to hit those levels every game (it was outstanding noise and performance levels) - But now the East and West Stands have a taste for singing and standing, we will hopefully see a lot more of it.

Even 60% of last night's noise will be awesome

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Having started to come down off the "high" of that atmosphere last night, that noise was incredible!
I've not been to a Brighton game, where we had so many chances in the first 45 minutes, and some seasons in the deep distant past, where we played probably 5 games to have the same amount of chances :amex:
Also, I don't think I've been in a Brighton crowd that made that sort of "wall-of-sound" for that length of time during a game! :albion2: (Have not been to every Brighton game b.t.w.)
For the that first half, I think the Wednesday players were in shock! Loved the hostility every time the Wednesday goalkeeper had the ball!
We normally politely applaud teams don't we? :angel:
Players mark for the game - all 10 for the effort for trying to pull the game round.
Crowd 12 out of 10......Fecking awesome atmosphere, hope we can carry that forward for next season. UTA!! :albion2:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That was something else last night. This part of the world at it's absolute best.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Everybody there last night, players and supporters know we all did everything we could.

That's a far better feeling than the last two play offs.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Everybody there last night, players and supporters know we all did everything we could.

That's a far better feeling than the last two play offs.

This, felt great to be a part of something like that. As strange as it may sound, it was a great and enjoyable evening at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here