Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best atmosphere EVER at the Amex

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At least equal anything I had ever heard before and better than I had seen before. And to equal it I would have to go back to 1972. But the score went our way back then.

Woodwork has had an exceptional game against us in all our play-offs.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It sounded incredible on t.v. The players and fans couldn't have given any more than they did. It just wasn't to be. The fates better spin us something spectacular next season.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Watching from abroad I can tell you the atmosphere sounded incredible, the commentator mention it constantly. He also said the first half was as good an attacking performance he had seen all season including premier league games.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I think we turned up as underdogs with nothing to lose and with all the luck that has gone against us recently Brighton fans are at their best in the face of adversity .

The chant of seagulls at the end and waiting to clap the team off gave me goosebumps

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Completely agree, and I feel that if we played with that tempo and drive every game we'd probably experience this sort of atmosphere from the stands more often too. Proud to be an Albion fan tonight.

There is no way on God's earth that a team could regularly reproduce that intensity over the first 20-25 minutes. That was something special. In over 50 years of support, I struggle to remember anything as full on as that. Maybe, the early stages v Derby ( LC at the Goldstone ) with 34,000 going mental as Wardy scored in the first minute and possibly those sensational 28 minutes v Walsall ( 0-0 to 7-0 ) The first half v Charlton 1983, when Casey ran riot and we were 5-0 up at HT. But on reflection, even these three trail behind last night for sheer passion and will-to-win. Driven on by a fanatical crowd, we blitzed them. We tore them to shreds but like a boxer raining in punches on an opponent, hanging on for dear life, we couldn't apply the knockout blow.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think the fact that we were starting the game having to retrive a 2-0 deficit just gave the night a whole different feeling. There was a desperation before a ball had been kicked, a knowledge that our backs were to the wall right from the off, we were in a desperate position we needed to retrieve as quickly as possible. That just led to such an incredible fervour that was positively tumbling down the stands and onto the pitch.

I can tell you, when Dunk scored, I was convinced we were going to do it. Convinced. I guess you have to give Wednesday some modicum of credit for surviving, but I can only give it grudgingly because they were so fcking LUCKY over those 2 ties (having finished FIFTEEN points adrift of us). Absolutely everything that could go their way, went their way. From the freakish injuries, the woodwork, the saves the missed chances. They bumbled their way past us, and that hurts. But by christ I am proud of our team.

I think the Gods of fate decreed it wasn't to be our turn.
It was just frustrating that we didn't kill them off in that opening blitzkrieg. We did have chances, good chances and should have scored more. I kept thinking that maybe the luck was going to turn for us, a sending off or an og but it never materialised. Centimetres separated Knocky from scoring and then the clear push on Dunk for their goal, showed that they were still getting the run of the ball.
They say you make your own luck but if that is the case, the players deserved bucket-loads last night. They didn't get it. They did get more and more desperate as the night wore on and that played into Wednesday's hands, as they soaked it up and tried to catch us on the break. No blame attached though, as they threw every ounce of effort into blowing Wednesday away early. They had them groggy, reeling, hanging on to the ropes but couldn't knock them out.
Like you, I thought we could do it when Dunk scored but the equaliser was so soft, it was a body blow. It stopped our momentum and we never fully got it back again. Every team needs luck and Wednesday got it in bucket-loads, over two legs. Fair play, they got through and have a decent chance v Hull. To them the spoils, to us the glory of a magnificent campaign, fought long and hard against a background of serious injuries.
I've got a glow of pride this morning and can't wait for next season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Watching from abroad I can tell you the atmosphere sounded incredible, the commentator mention it constantly. He also said the first half was as good an attacking performance he had seen all season including premier league games.

Never seen anything like that first half before. Sidwell said the same after that he'd never played in a half like that. I'm still baffled how we went in level on the night. We did enough to win 3 games in that first half alone.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
You could see it almost literally lift the players as they walked out. I think they were quite taken aback by it, in a good way.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Agree with the op!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My voice box is in tatters this morning, I sound like a 40 a day smoker. Christ we tried.

Unlucky lads.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
The Amex looked spectacular on Sky.Great to see the flags and some great ariel shots.Def a Prem stadium.

To all you Prem fans,welcome to trips away to Hillsborough / Sheffield or Hull. I bet you can't wait.:ffsparr:

It could have been Brighton by the sea.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If we can create atmospheres like that throughout a season I don't really care what league we are in, for once I feel like I've been to a football match.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
the East stand has never been like that before, I hope everyone can bring a bit of that to every home game next season.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
A fantastic atmosphere, a fantastic match despite the score line.
Proud to be Albion fan.
If we all start of in August how we finished last night we will go up as champions.
It was our turn this year, but next year it will be, I honestly think the majority of those players will be with us next season, you could tell how much it meant to them last night, they will all use that to become stronger next season.
Stockdale was visibly distraught and found it hard to even look at the fans, Bruno and Kayal much the same, mark my words, next season it's our turn !

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This morning I've been sneezing and have a sore throat. I don't know if I have a cold or if it's hayfever combined with shouting a lot last night.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
No fan zone, less Reyonolds and LOUD music helped too. I've never been in an Albion crowd like that before. An immense evening and so proud

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here