Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The beginning of the end.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
[MENTION=1517]junior[/MENTION] used some good bait to trap a lot of people. I know some of you can't resist wind up merchants, so he got the 114 posts replying.

I prefer to listen to people like Calde.

[tweet]827412911438041088[/tweet]

I'll never understand why people go 'fishing' or decide to be a WUM.

I get it if the OP is funny, or if they make it patently obvious that it's a joke thread, but this clearly is neither...

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Oh and I wish we'd bought Wells, just what we need.

Really? Prior to the January window, the press were saying that he was worth 7 or 8 million.

He's scored 8 goals. No assists. His games/shots/goals ratio is appalling. He doesn't carry the ball..... he wouldn't fit into the 442 or 411 that CH plays.

Huddersfield have scored almost 20 goals less than us in the league. He is not what we need.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll never understand why people go 'fishing' or decide to be a WUM.

I get it if the OP is funny, or if they make it patently obvious that it's a joke thread, but this clearly is neither...

Nor me, but I've met Junior several times and he isn't a bit like he comes across on Nsc.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You cant blame Ashley , I understand that Palace wanted £2 million above the £13 mill Palace paid at the start of the season and Townsend has been total gash at Palace.
Rather begs he question, if Rafa was supposed to be in charge of transfers, why Townsend was sold to CP in the first place.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The OP is a negative tw@t...

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
[emoji38]ol:

I knew someone would start a thread like this, you were my second pick behind 'sir albion' though.

Yes we've been shite tonight but "poor for a long time"? Nah.
With a few exceptions... we have looked very average in a host of games... scraped results through luck and poor opposition at times... but it has looked fragile.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Really? Prior to the January window, the press were saying that he was worth 7 or 8 million.

He's scored 8 goals. No assists. His games/shots/goals ratio is appalling. He doesn't carry the ball..... he wouldn't fit into the 442 or 411 that CH plays.

Huddersfield have scored almost 20 goals less than us in the league. He is not what we need.

Were you there last night? His speed, control and work rate caused us no end of problems. Playing as a number 10 I think he'd fit right in. As to the cost, personally I think we are going to find at the end of the season that that would have seemed like a bargain.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Theres a long way to go yet, but there could be similarities with last season, its just we are six weeks ahead of the curve this time. True others have strengthened their squads in the window but we do have the points on the board and hopefully CH will have learned from this experience as we saw similar mistakes made last year with Cardiff away and Middlesborough at home. The Brentord game is important in terms of not only the result but the way in which we play, i'm coming round to the opinion that more first team players should have been on the field at Lincoln, resting some up has caused some complacency.
Last night was undoubtedly an utter shambles, the catalyst being Bruno s 3 second yellow which effectively put him out of the game for the want of another late or bad challenge, this dragged Knockheart deeper, lessened his effectiveness, hence pour ability to go forward was dampened. It was a bad night and on television and no doubt our competitors have a bleu print on how to take the game to us, did CH give an interview after the match?
I'll hold judgement on our progress this season until after the next few games, six games in February are absolutely pivotal, CH needs to get more intelligence on opponents and choose his selection accordingly, last night we were rabbits in the headlights, we do want to see this again.

I have a strong feeling this is the beginning of the end for us this season. We've been poor for a long time, no investment during the transfer window and 2 capitulations in 2 games.

I think we can hope for play-offs at best and we all know how that's likely to go.

Followed by a mass exodus of players who have stayed only for one last crack at promotion.

I wish the sentiment in your thread title applied to you and this forum.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
babyscared.gif

That did make me laugh.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
We've lost two recent games against good opposition, with a long trip from home in the middle of winter. That is not in itself a surprise, or evidence that we will implode. I think there are three things that concern me

1. People working out how many points per game we need to get to 90. This is complacent stupidity (see below) We should be getting as many points as we can.
2. Injuries and fitness. I don't think we have the depth to cope with key absences. Personally looking at the teams at Preston and Huddersfield I thought we would lose.
3. Form of teams below us. The way it's going 90 points might not be enough,

So this certainly should not be the "beginning of the end". However we are only just over half way through the season. There's a long way to go!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hopefully the teams below us strengthening will mean they knock points off each other.
If this happens and we see them drawing games, then we could sneak through under the radar, the Brighton way.
Or fall at the final hurdle, which also seems to be the Brighton way at times.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Nope. Been saying it a while, need an upturn in performances, we can't rely on a smash and grab in every game.

QPR were shell shocked with an early rabbit out the hat from Sam, followed by a pen and then a sending off.

Before that I can't really remember a convincing win unless we go back to Norwich where they were equally as poor as we were impressive. Still, even that game we killed them with a counter after they were dominating, then imploded.

Not saying we're not deserving of our position, how could we not be, but we certainly haven't picked up the form of late last season (yet).

I would add Barnsley to the games where we dominated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I have a strong feeling this is the beginning of the end for us this season. We've been poor for a long time, no investment during the transfer window and 2 capitulations in 2 games.

I think we can hope for play-offs at best and we all know how that's likely to go.

Followed by a mass exodus of players who have stayed only for one last crack at promotion.

We have been poor for a while but... keep the faith

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here