The beginning of the end.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

With a :ffsparr:

And another :ffsparr:

The thread appeared about five minutes later than I expected, mind.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
No investment? Have we not spent £3m on player.

They were good, we were poor, we are still top, 5 points ahead of third and a game in hand on 3rd and 4th. Plus Huddersfield play Leeds on Sunday. The games come thick and fast, onto the next one.

Don't need to press the panic button just yet, eh?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I have a strong feeling this is the beginning of the end for us this season. We've been poor for a long time, no investment during the transfer window and 2 capitulations in 2 games.

I think we can hope for play-offs at best and we all know how that's likely to go.

Followed by a mass exodus of players who have stayed only for one last crack at promotion.
Yeah we're all disappointed but I'd rather try and stay positive. We are a good team, we've just lost our way recently.

Huddersfield were very good tonight, Brentford will be (slightly) easier (I hope).

:)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have a strong feeling this is the beginning of the end for us this season. We've been poor for a long time, no investment during the transfer window and 2 capitulations in 2 games.

I think we can hope for play-offs at best and we all know how that's likely to go.

Followed by a mass exodus of players who have stayed only for one last crack at promotion.

Does your expectations involve the likelihood of giving up a 14 point lead on 7th. I forgot the game in hand too.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Fear not, after Brentford we have two home bankers, what could possibly go wrong?

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
I had this one down as a loss and five more before the end of the season , in my pessimists guide to promotion and I still think it will be autos with 89 points. Come on you Super Seagulls !!!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The premier league will be pissing themselves laughing, if we turn up playing like this game to be fair.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
1 Leeds United DWWLWW 13
2 Huddersfield Town WDWLWW 13
3 Reading WLLWWW 12
4 Cardiff City WWWLLW 12
5 Brighton & Hove Albion WWLWWL 12

Form still fine. Another few wobbles though....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
2 capitulations in 2 games.
What was the other one? Are you referring to the cup game where we played our reserves?
I think we can hope for play-offs at best
Yep, that's the absolute best we could hope for. Still, I'm a dreamer, so fancy taking a bet on it?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Oh, behave yourself!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The premier league will be pissing themselves laughing, if we turn up playing like this game to be fair.
I have to admit, I'll be a bit disappointed if we get promoted and then fail to sign one single player.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
1 Leeds United DWWLWW 13
2 Huddersfield Town WDWLWW 13
3 Reading WLLWWW 12
4 Cardiff City WWWLLW 12
5 Brighton & Hove Albion WWLWWL 12

Form still fine. Another few wobbles though....

Er, think you missed:
6 Newcastle LWLWWD 10.
There seems to be an implicit assumption that Newcastle only have to turn up to get promoted. Not so sure, even with Shelvey back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Tut tut. At a time when we all need to stick together, you start a thread like this:ffsparr:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
There are way too many ppl on here getting right on the backs as soon as they state their opinion. We have f**ked up 3 promotion chances since being back in the championship and every one of those seasons has existed a little group of post snipers ready to take out anyone that dare doubt our credentials when in fact it turns out they were right, even if the way they put the point across was not too good.

This is a forum of opinions but as soon as anyone posts anything away from the glitter ball of absolute praise, a lot of you all jump on someone like a pride of lions.

The fact is, we have gotten away with more than our fair share of results this season and tonight could well be our season changer, it may not be but f**k anyone that doesn't have a "Disney world" view of our season eh!

Tonight was absolute sh*te, on balance I still think we will still go up automatically but it is not too far from reality that we could drop into the play offs by the end of the season and then it's back to the lottery. We ain't 15 points clear of 3rd and we certainly ain't entitled to 1st or 2nd based on ANY previous season stats thus far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here