[Sussex] The Award-winning official "No Rain Tomorrow" thread (2023 season)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Latest model output has a chance of thundery showers this weekend, as low pressure nudges in from the S / SW. will also be warming up this week to mid 20s.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Latest model output has a chance of thundery showers this weekend, as low pressure nudges in from the S / SW. will also be warming up this week to mid 20s.
My favourite summer weather - warm sultry days with the prospect of a late afternoon or evening thunderstorm.

Some of my fondest memories of living in Brighton were of sitting outside the Fortune of War at sunset after a hot summer's day, and watching the lightning from thunderstorms heading towards us across the English Channel from France.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The speed Ardingly filled up in the Autumn was unbelievable....
Last Autumn was exceptional in terms of rainfall - November saw almost 300mm of rain here in Worthing, versus the montly average of about 110mm.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just refreshed my weather stats and focussed on Rainfall.

Monthly totals versus average by month highlights the BIG months round year end and into early spring. Feb was a very dry month too.

rain 22 to 23.PNG

The trend shows we're well above the LTA for rainfall since Jan 22. 1435 v average of 1191 to the end of May.

rain running total v average.PNG

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We have an old Galvanised wash tub in the garden ( too goog for the garden, but what else do you do with it? (We have a selewction of cleansing devices indoors thank you)

it was over flowing in December ( filled from empty over autumn ) it holds around 100 Litres to the brim . . .its a foot (300mm in new money) deep

its been used to water the garden MArch/April, and has been bone dry for a few months now.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
3 dead hanging baskets as I fractured and dislocated a finger a while back and couldn't actually hold a watering can.

Ah well down to local Nursery and see what they have on offer...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The BBC are so confident about Saturday's rain they've even included raindrops in their forecast for Sunday AND Monday.

Exciting.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Oooo according to my Beeb weather app this morning, rain, (remember that?), is set to arrive by 10.00 on Sat morning, and continue, on and off, until Monday evening, then set fair until Sunday the 18th.

Still plenty of time for things to change again though.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oooo according to my Beeb weather app this morning, rain, (remember that?), is set to arrive by 10.00 on Sat morning, and continue, on and off, until Monday evening, then set fair until Sunday the 18th.

Still plenty of time for things to change again though.
It's going to be in the form of possibly Thundery showers, so depending on where they form some places may still miss out.

It'll be in a SE or S airflow so if we can import some from France the coastal zone could see rain, otherwise they may develop inland and drift North...

Obviously I'm hoping for some decent French imports.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Duplicate

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

My son appeared on Yorkshire tv recently to appeal to the public, not to take bbqs onto the Moors, and to dispose of cigarettes safely. Moor fires take days to bring under control when the peat catches.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My son appeared on Yorkshire tv recently to appeal to the public, not to take bbqs onto the Moors, and to dispose of cigarettes safely. Moor fires take days to bring under control when the peat catches.
They have a more direct approach in Catalonia

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I see the prospect of thunderstorms tomorrow and Sunday appears to have disappeared, going by the BBC forecast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports