[Sussex] The Award-winning official "No Rain Tomorrow" thread (2023 season)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I too am hoping the nagging wind is forcing them to seek shelter, but in my sheltered back garden I've only seen a few bees on the raspberries.
They're probably all in our front garden . . . 🙄
Giulia IS a better drive than a Stelvio which is probably the best handling and looking SUV out there, including Porsche, but the neighbours won’t be as impressed :smile:

When you say juicy about the 159 you mean throaty and sexy not high petrol usage I assume.
Both . . .15mpg is juicy, but the 3.2 Busso V6 is a beauty.

BoT, very warm this morning, and SUNNY . With NO RAIN . . Took the lad to Woodgood to look at some motors, this Giullietta was stunning.

Only topped by a 330 in navy with tan interior.

Attachments

• IMG_2629.jpeg
    IMG_2629.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2630.jpeg
    IMG_2630.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2631.jpeg
    IMG_2631.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2626.jpeg
    IMG_2626.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 32

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Hmmm... could do with a bit of rain soon, I really don't want to be stuck on some Northern canal because there's no bloody water...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They're probably all in our front garden . . . 🙄

Both . . .15mpg is juicy, but the 3.2 Busso V6 is a beauty.

BoT, very warm this morning, and SUNNY . With NO RAIN . . Took the lad to Woodgood to look at some motors, this Giullietta was stunning.

Only topped by a 330 in navy with tan interior.
I’ll take the Rosso Sprint :smile:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
It's been weeks since we have had any rain. I predict end of July for a hose pipe ban.. unless we get the usually torrential rain for Wimbledon.

Can't say this thread gets me as excited as the snow version :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not sure whether my face, after my cycle ride today, is red because of sun burn, wind burn, the inevitable switching on of my white male Gammon Gene, or the residual embarrassment after having gone over the f***ing handlebars this afternoon after a far too cocky attempt to cycle through mixed terrain at the bottom of a small but not insignificant decline, only to find mud, a foot deep, that swallowed my front wheel in milliseconds, projecting me, like 90 kilos of unwanted meat byproduct from a trébuchet, to the hard and unyielding ground slightly yonder. Northing broken, apart from all my hopes and dreams.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
It's been weeks since we have had any rain. I predict end of July for a hose pipe ban.. unless we get the usually torrential rain for Wimbledon.

30 days since last rain according to my weatherstation

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm not sure whether my face, after my cycle ride today, is red because of sun burn, wind burn, the inevitable switching on of my white male Gammon Gene, or the residual embarrassment after having gone over the f***ing handlebars this afternoon after a far too cocky attempt to cycle through mixed terrain at the bottom of a small but not insignificant decline, only to find mud, a foot deep, that swallowed my front wheel in milliseconds, projecting me, like 90 kilos of unwanted meat byproduct from a trébuchet, to the hard and unyielding ground slightly yonder. Northing broken, apart from all my hopes and dreams.
Any witnesses and if so did you style it out?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Any witnesses and if so did you style it out?
One man and his dog arrived as I was gauging thick mud out of my breaks and my left hand, with blood pouring down my left leg. He asked me if I was OK and I told him it was a mere flesh-wound.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It definitely has a more sinister/pessimist overtone.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This current blocked pattern if it persists could bring us into drought conditions pretty quickly down here, we have to be very grateful for the wet early spring for topping up the water table or things would be bad already. The sun is strong, the breeze is very drying too and the air is very dry. All contributing to drawing moisture out of plants and the ground.

Possibly related, but there have been persistent reports of an almost total absence of insects across Southen and Eastern England. I'm hoping this situation is only temporary, otherwise it's a very bad sign for our overall ecosystem.

We walked the dog round the fields West of Cissbury this morning and I saw 1 butterfly and not much else. Really odd.

The outlook, as has been mentioned shows a persistence of the blocked pattern for at least the next week, and the cool NE wind also remains.

Would love some showers to help the plants, but little sign currently.
Plenty of blackfly on my Broad beans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports