Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
We are gearing up for a major cold front coming on Sunday night through Tuesday morning, that will bring us sub zero temps for about 36 hours. In the city and north of it -10C and -6C here south of Houston. No snow but sleet and/or freezing rain. Knowing how they drive round here it will be carnage in every Walmart car park as they panic buy everything. Coldest snap in 30 years.
So I will be working from home. Oh wait....

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Still a lot of snow here on suffolks east coast, bitterly cold easterlys blowing in off the sea. Living within 200 mtrs of the sea I've been doing quite a bit of fishing these past few months but been unfishable this last fortnight.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is a bit of snow coming across on the radar, might give Brighton a brief flurry or two?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Had to give the CBR a run out today to make sure the Battery was OK, I now know why I gave up riding Motorcycles in the Winter - Jesus was it unpleasant and I only went a few miles.

Don't think it has got above 2 degrees today here in RH20.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
The Award-Winning Official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2020-21 Season]

Had to give the CBR a run out today to make sure the Battery was OK, I now know why I gave up riding Motorcycles in the Winter - Jesus was it unpleasant and I only went a few miles.

Don't think it has got above 2 degrees today here in RH20.

I gave my ‘97 CBR900RR a once over this week, started first time, drove beautifully. Honda quality.

Rear tyre was 15 psi though! Yikes.

FD4-FCCDE-E26-D-4-F96-9-B94-30-AC03899-F18.jpg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I gave my ‘97 CBR900RR a once over this week, started first time, drove beautifully. Honda quality.

Rear tyre was 15 psi though! Yikes.

FD4-FCCDE-E26-D-4-F96-9-B94-30-AC03899-F18.jpg

That is a lovely looking Bike, obviously Older Brother to my 600. Is that a Yoshi exhaust?

Not sure if I could cope with a Fireblade, my current CBR600 is probably too fast for me these days.

Certainly never maxed it out - got to 130MPH and decided that was enough!

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
That is a lovely looking Bike, obviously Older Brother to my 600. Is that a Yoshi exhaust?

Not sure if I could cope with a Fireblade, my current CBR600 is probably too fast for me these days.

Certainly never maxed it out - got to 130MPH and decided that was enough!

Thank you :) It’s ridiculously clean for its year. It’s a 90’s Renegade exhaust (long since closed but they were top notch race systems and hand made in Kent)

CBR600 is just the perfect all round bike imho. Does everything brilliantly from commuting to track.

My blade had a claimed top speed of 174, which is mental considering its age. I have stuck heated grips on to let me commute in relative comfort and I’m very happy using the lower end torque most of the time with just the occasional screaming insanity!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Thank you :) It’s ridiculously clean for its year. It’s a 90’s Renegade exhaust (long since closed but they were top notch race systems and hand made in Kent)

CBR600 is just the perfect all round bike imho. Does everything brilliantly from commuting to track.

My blade had a claimed top speed of 174, which is mental considering its age. I have stuck heated grips on to let me commute in relative comfort and I’m very happy using the lower end torque most of the time with just the occasional screaming insanity!

Always been tempted to see what it would do on a Track Day (not that I am a fast rider these days) but remember a work colleague limping in having written off his Ducati the previous week on a Track Day.

What was worse he did it at Croft and had to pay to have the wreckage retrieved from Oop North. :lolol:

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Always been tempted to see what it would do on a Track Day (not that I am a fast rider these days) but remember a work colleague limping in having written off his Ducati the previous week on a Track Day.

What was worse he did it at Croft and had to pay to have the wreckage retrieved from Oop North. :lolol:

My gf bought me a track day voucher at Brands Hatch as part of my bday present this year...will be my first one ever.

Also know a fee people who’ve binned their bikes doing one. At least not so far to recover from Kent if it all goes tits up ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My gf bought me a track day voucher at Brands Hatch as part of my bday present this year...will be my first one ever.

Also know a fee people who’ve binned their bikes doing one. At least not so far to recover from Kent if it all goes tits up ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't like Paddock Hill Bend at Brands so would prefer a local track day at Goodwood although I know Oulton Park far better (Flag Marshalled it back in the day). The Long version of Oulton Park, going around the Lake, is magnificent.

My Dad was a Road Racer and held the Oulton lap record back in the 1950's, can't recall if it was 350 or 500, I know he raced both on Manx Nortons. He also did a lot of IoM TT racing and actually won one (1950 Clubman's on a 500 Norton International).

Clearly rather a better rider than me... :blush:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Don't like Paddock Hill Bend at Brands so would prefer a local track day at Goodwood although I know Oulton Park far better (Flag Marshalled it back in the day). The Long version of Oulton Park, going around the Lake, is magnificent.

My Dad was a Road Racer and held the Oulton lap record back in the 1950's, can't recall if it was 350 or 500, I know he raced both on Manx Nortons. He also did a lot of IoM TT racing and actually won one (1950 Clubman's on a 500 Norton International).

Clearly rather a better rider than me... :blush:

Did a pillion lap around Brands with Rob McElnea (ex-Gp rider) on an FZR 600 back in the day. Paddock Hill is scary enough on 4 wheels but is nuttily different gravy on two.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just don't like Brands full stop. Oulton Park and Cadwell Park much better tracks.
Can we get back on topic here.

It won't snow again this year.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Woke up this morning to 1/4 inch snow/ice and -8C here in sunny Texas. Now having to endure rolling power cuts throughout the Houston area. Got this for about another 36 hours with temps expected to drop to -12 overnight.
Ice and palm trees..

IMG_0981.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Woke up this morning to 1/4 inch snow/ice and -8C here in sunny Texas. Now having to endure rolling power cuts throughout the Houston area. Got this for about another 36 hours with temps expected to drop to -12 overnight.
Ice and palm trees..

View attachment 133900

CNN were saying there was thunder snow in parts of Texas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here