Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This wasnt really predicted reading the thread back. Snow must be very unpredictable to forecast.

Fantastic. No work day for me

Keep it coming

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
BBC is predicting heavy snow all day here today. Wouldn't exactly call it heavy but it's fine stuff coming down pretty hard. Hope it keeps it up but want some of those flumping great flakes.

Keep an eye on the intensity of the snow upwind on the streamer... these things can increase in intensity quite quickly, and then the whole stream will give heavy snow. As long as it's there anything can happen.

Will it Rain Today? | Rain radar for the UK | Going to rain? | Meteogroup

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa, I think your sage words are needed on this thread:

I doubt very much there will be a game at The Withdean on Saturday

It depends on afew things - the weather is due to warm up on Saturday, so there will be a thaw.If they've kept the pitch covered, and frost hasn't got too deep into it, and they don't make the decision too early we might be ok.

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
I am sure that the elderly and/or disabled who dare not risk going out in it are very happy for those of you who want snow. If, during your celebrations, you can spare the time to offer to help (shopping etc) it may be appreciated.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am sure that the elderly and/or disabled who dare not risk going out in it are very happy for those of you who want snow. If, during your celebrations, you can spare the time to offer to help (shopping etc) it may be appreciated.

Our wish for snow doesn't make it snow, you know. We look after our neighbour anyway - helping him to go to Tesco each week, so that will continue.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009

well said mate. Though am not elderly or disabled as such, health condition means I cant get around as well as i would like so have been grateful to a few mates who have popped down to shops etc. Hope to at least go outside and stand in the snow for a few minutes though cos i do love the stuff. reminds me every time of Haywards Heath 1963 big freeze

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Anyone fallen over yet? I was just gazing out my office window and saw somone fall down the steps by the Jurys Inn hotel. I can only see the top six or so steps from my desk so who knows if they tumbled all the way to the bottom, hopefully they are ok.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
well said mate. Though am not elderly or disabled as such, health condition means I cant get around as well as i would like so have been grateful to a few mates who have popped down to shops etc. Hope to at least go outside and stand in the snow for a few minutes though cos i do love the stuff. reminds me every time of Haywards Heath 1963 big freeze

In such conditions the elderly, infirm and nervous need people like us (who embrace snow) to be there to assist them in these conditions. I love going out in the snow, so I'll happily pop to the shops for someone if it gets me out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here