[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Beautiful! I think I may have actually passed through there in 2006ish when I hitchhiked from Nordkapp to Tallinn. Did some wild camping, but found the bugs pretty serious at times!
No bugs at the moment! Just lots of snow!

Attachments

• 20221223_135909.jpg
    20221223_135909.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A bit of snow potential in the forecast for Friday. A very little bit. Not looking like sledge time yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is gas expensive in Germany? Or do you heat by other means?
Good question.

Heating is gas; we have underfloor and this is provided by a central boiler. Everything else in the apartment is electric. This is our first winter in the new apartment so I dont really know the cost BUT I understand it will be relativelty cheaper to keep warm due to modern insulation and the underfloor heating.

The underfloor heating is taking time to get the hang of though. When we first switched it on, we set it at a temperature we'd usually use with 'regular' heating and turned the place into an oven....seems it needs to be kept on quite low and for long periods so the concrete floor stores heat. So we turned it right down and are now nudging it up if we feel a bit cold. We're also 4th floor so I'm hoping the people below can keep me warm as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PS we had snow overnight

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you still run in the snow, with different-sole trainers? I’ve seen stuff such as that in ski/mountain gear shops.
I did, I stuck with my Brooks Ghost and would run in all weathers....albeit gingerly if the footing was soft. Living in the centre most pavements were cleared quite quickly so I'd use these to get to the parks. Whilst there was often more snow in the parks, it was not as slippy.

Sadly, due to illness, my running days are now over.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Very light snow falling whilst I was walking the dog on the Downs pre-dawn.

Quite a contrast to the weather in Athens I could see from photos people were sending at the same time!
Any settling? I'd imagine not

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just started proper snowing in Truro. Don’t often see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports