Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've no idea what model you are looking at, but the one I've been watching DOES have the wind moving to the East AND strengthening as we go through tomorrow afternoon and even more into Wednesday.

I do agree with what you've said about the weekend though.

Maybe but the precipitation is gone by Wednesday so we LOSE. Sorry but we ARE NOT going to get any snow down here.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Interested with papa's comments. I suspect he will agree with me.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
concern you how? lots of Snow or none?

None is my concern. As US rightly points out, such setups can, and historically have been rather hit and miss when it comes to everyone getting snow, esp in the west of the county. We need frontal snow to really give us almost guaranteed snow. Thames streamers can deliver huge amounts of snow, but they tend to be semi stationary and some places can get nothing whilst 5 miles away gets buried.

Yoda

English & European
Maybe but the precipitation is gone by Wednesday so we LOSE. Sorry but we ARE NOT going to get any snow down here.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow morning.
ukprec.png

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Papa I have been an amateur weatherman for 40 years but the way I see it now is a complete no snow show. I have seen so many north sea showers fronts come to nothing down here and that is the set up we are in. There are no fronts to be seen this week so the areas battered already will continue to be battered but it NEVER extends to us and the way I read it this week will be no exeption.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have a terrible feeling that Worthing will remain snow free this week.

I use one line when Uncle uses one hundred!

Hi Papa. I am afraid Sussex and the Brighton / west area in particular are going to be for a complete no snow show during this cold spell. The snow bands keep battering the East of Scotland and the North East with much of this area under 18-24 inches of lying snow with more to come. Some areas could be under 3 feet by the end of the week.

The bands from the North Sea have been relentless for 6 days now. The South and South East are the only areas who have missed out altogether. Not even the south east as Seaford East have seen lying snow. The Argus headline today forecasting 20 cms of snow Tuesday and 15 cm on wednesday made me laugh as this forecast is 4 days out of date and they are latching onto the storm that has long gone into Central Europe. Lazy journalism at the least.

The snow could have happened Saturday/Sunday but the band stayed stubbornly 5 miles out to sea. If it had been blown just 5 miles North we could have had 6 inches of snow.

The forecast today/tomorrow means the midlands and the london/thames valley area will see snow of 1-4inches but it will not now extend south to us. The Easterlies we need are not happening and the strength of the wind is not as much as was expected.

We never get snow from a northerly or north easterly feeding in from the north sea as it never extends this far to Brighton.

It is looking like a cold week but dry and sunny all week with night frosts. The extreme cold is not happening either as it will be around -2c by nights and 2c by day. All in all it should be a very pleasant week down here.

I confidently predict a complete no show for snow for Brighton/West this week. The cold weather is also likely to end at the weekend and be back to the mild southerlies by the start of next week and 11c by day.

The greedy sweaties and northeners have nicked all our snow and there is not much we can do about it.

At least we can get about and do our day to day shit and not be disrupted but I do like a bit of snow. Ah well, never mind.

Regards.

Uncle Spielberg

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Theres a blob of snow round the T.Wells, Crowbrough area, prolly wont last long.
Will it Rain Today? | Rain radar for the UK | Going to rain? | Meteogroup

There are signs, now the wind has swung into the east that showers are being generated in the Thames Estuary and tracking our way... The problem is that they are degrading. Let's see what develops... We have the right wind direction now.

There is still a forecast of snow from the early hours tomorrow, and chance of frontal snow on Thursday.

Despite US's pessimism i still think we will see snow this week, but the amounts are the variable.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
There are signs, now the wind has swung into the east that showers are being generated in the Thames Estuary and tracking our way... The problem is that they are degrading. Let's see what develops... We have the right wind direction now.

There is still a forecast of snow from the early hours tomorrow, and chance of frontal snow on Thursday.

Despite US's pessimism i still think we will see snow this week, but the amounts are the variable.

:) In Papa we trust :)

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From the latest radar i'd say it's probably snowing lightly in Lewes currently.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Snowing in Haywards Heath too....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it that big clump of stuff over East Anglia on the raintoday radar thingummy that is supposed to be bringing snow to the Brizz area from 3-9am tomorrow morning? Needs to get a move on if so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here