Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Potential for something from next Wednesday?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Potential for something from next Wednesday?
Bound to be I start my Winter break then 🙈

Although this is the MO for 6/16 Feb locally

Mostly fine with sunny spells on Monday, although cloudier in the northwest with some rain. Light or moderate winds for most, becoming stronger in the northwest, with a risk of coastal gales. From Tuesday, high pressure tends to dominate, with any frontal systems most active in the northwest, but quickly weakening as they stagger southeast across the UK. For many, there should be plenty of mostly dry if rather cold weather, likely lasting a few days, with overnight frost and perhaps some fog patches in the south and a small chance of very cold conditions and snow showers moving in from the east. However, most likely is a resumption of wetter, windier and milder weather from the west after a few days of cold conditions.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Arctic air incoming next week.

Snow, anyone?
Possibly, yes. In the form of showers. Day time temps down here will max out at 4-5c and sub zero by night.

It will feel colder in a stiff breeze.

Might see some more organised spells, so maybe some settled snow on the Downs, but into March will mean any sunshine will melt it quickly.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Alexa been chirping about MET office warnings all morning. Snow forecasted in Seaford, but I'll believe it when I see it.
I've never trusted Alexa after she told me she'd been learning about nature. When I asked what she'd learnt, she said "the difference between a weasel and a stoat". Intrigued, I then asked what the difference is, and she replied, "Well a weasel is weasily recognised, but a stoat is stotally different.

Jul 7, 2003
BBC Sussex weather this morning was very honest. Said that they run loads of models for the forecast but none of them yet agree about what will happen down here in Wednesday and Thursday.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I do wonder how they come up with their weather warnings. You lot have got a warning for ice and snow tonight, but it looks like it won't fall much below 4oC and you're forecast rain, whereas we don't have a warning, yet are forecast rain followed by snow, followed by -5oC. :trossard:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Myself and Mrs V currently in Paphos, 18-23c and either sunny intervals or full sun...back in the UK on Thursday and dreading it !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Headed up north early for the game on Saturday and looks like more chance of snow back in Sussex than up here in the Peak District.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Red cross is my location ish.
I was jealous earlier, hearing that the south coast was in line for blizzardy levels of snow.
Not so jealous now though. I'll let you know how it goes, but I actually expect my squib to be reasonably moist as usual.
4° and rain at the moment.

A6FF688C-F861-43A8-8BC2-69ED58EFA753.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here