Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
I see the Daily Express are at it again, but seems we could actually see some snow on Christmas Day, what are your thoughts Papa?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I see the Daily Express are at it again, but seems we could actually see some snow on Christmas Day, what are your thoughts Papa?

Colder air will be over the country on Christmas Eve into Christmas Day, and it will be cold enough for snow showers in the north and West.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Colder air will be over the country on Christmas Eve into Christmas Day, and it will be cold enough for snow showers in the north and West.

Well that's that then,the only chance we have down south is the snow that invariably lands in Albert Square Christmas Day evening, oh, along with a death.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2013-14 season]

Not exactly sticking their neck out are they. Christmas is now in the reliable timeframe. I wonder if they are standing by their 100 days of snow prediction?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Express is going down with all guns blazing it seems. Mind you they seem to have managed to find a Met Office guru compared to the usual chimp forecasters to quote. Plus they have rolled Fish out to declare " There Will be a White Christmas ! ":rotlf:...

Also quoting the bookies as slashing the White Christmas odds is a masterstroke of smoke and mirrors. As we all know, the odds were very slim so it seems a few put some money on for a laugh, and the market reacted by "slashing " the odds. I still think there is little or no chance of a WC, this is just the last chance for the sad rag to try to bag some sales.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Met Office predicting cold but dry and overcast here for 25 December. Presumably Daily Express forecasting imminent ice age.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Daily Express set to run this splash today " Deadly Floods set to cause Chaos for Weeks ! "

As opposed to the usual " Big Freeze set to cause Chaos for Weeks ! "

About time they let go of the BIG FREEZE, it's already 2 months late.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New York is expecting 6 - 8" overnight - Oo er Missus. Boston could get up to 18"

hercules.jpg

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
This weather is bizarre. It was 14c here briefly last night (Essex) then it started hammering it down. Very odd.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Maybe we should have the 'official more storms on the way tomorrow thread'

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's looking like a complete no show from the white stuff. Even if it comes in Feb the sun will be hotter and the chances of it lasting for an extended period are reduced. Sad times.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's looking like a complete no show from the white stuff. Even if it comes in Feb the sun will be hotter and the chances of it lasting for an extended period are reduced. Sad times.

There's still a chance, but you're correct that the ideal time for snow down here is late Dec to late January. However, we have had extended periods of cold / snowy weather well in Feb / March, but it's quite rare and relies upon perfect synoptics.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Papa, what's the chances of the arctic conditions that the US are currently experiencing reaching us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here