Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
outside my house a little while ago
5172826_5343869bf8_l.jpeg

Yoda

English & European
Looking at raintoday, it's picking up the moisture as it comes in over the channel, and it's being pushed up over the north & south downs before being dumped on us.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
3" in 50 minutes in burgess hill... still going very strong! :)

Indeed, I just measured 8inches outside my front door, and I can assure you my trouser zip was securely fastened :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Still in the pub, still gotta walk home, dammit!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Massive in Worthing and laying, and that's only 50 yards from the beach with the salt in the air.

No work for me, but nice for my boy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like lots of entries in the BHA snowman comp .. get building tommorow !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's the view on the cold spell? Is is ending this weekend or will this just be a temporary 'warming' before the cold returns? Any signs of a return to the traditional atlantic-type weather yet?

There are some indicators that the mild spell over the weekend might be just that, and cold weather will be the dominant setup all the way up to xmas. I wouldn't hazard a guess either way yet... Mainly because i've abandoned model watching at longe range to enjoy what we have now, rather than viewing the inevitable breakdown and depressing myself!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Well, I'll be damned. Here in rural Maine, in an area routinely good for 75-100" of snow per annum, we've had sweet Fanny Adams so far, and you're up to your bellybuttons in it. Only the parked cars pointed in the wrong direction tips one off that the photo isn't from Minnesota or Vermont.

Funny world.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
There are some indicators that the mild spell over the weekend might be just that, and cold weather will be the dominant setup all the way up to xmas. I wouldn't hazard a guess either way yet... Mainly because i've abandoned model watching at longe range to enjoy what we have now, rather than viewing the inevitable breakdown and depressing myself!

I always find the melting of the snow a singularly depressing event. Especially when it gets to the sad brown slushy stage just before the rain washes it away.

But back to happy thoughts!

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!! :clap2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm tempted to stay up to see if any of that big blob working Westwards actually delivers anything around Brizz, but no weather site I look at suggests we'll get any at all.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill

Much as love the snow... I hope this doesn't last too long... the wife's due on the 3rd Jan and i don't fancy a home birth! :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here