Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
enjoying some fine snowfall on shoreham beach but any idea how long it will stay with us Papa

Ah, snow on Shoreham Beach, that takes me back to my childhood. I'd say we'll keep snowfall in the region until early tomorrow, in one form or another, although the bbc forecast just on suggests it will be mainly in a band over north Kent, Surrey and North Hants.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
US, there is becoming a monotonous regularity to your 'brave' weather predictions. I remember something very similar last winter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ah, snow on Shoreham Beach, that takes me back to my childhood. I'd say we'll keep snowfall in the region until early tomorrow, in one form or another, although the bbc forecast just on suggests it will be mainly in a band over north Kent, Surrey and North Hants.

Just saw that although following their prediction for Worthing tonight of Light Snow, I think I will take that with a pinch of salt. Net weather seems to be closer to the mark in recent days.

mongoose

Jul 24, 2007
Just saw that although following their prediction for Worthing tonight of Light Snow, I think I will take that with a pinch of salt. Net weather seems to be closer to the mark in recent days.

netweather certainly seemed a lot closer to correct this evening and seems fairly positive on continuing snow tomorrow. Papa's forecasts been spot on though most of the time

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surreal silence with snow which is so beautiful.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
US, there is becoming a monotonous regularity to your 'brave' weather predictions. I remember something very similar last winter.

I am actually relying on him to bring us snow again and again by predicting we won't get any. Super stuff.

Yoda

English & European
netweather certainly seemed a lot closer to correct this evening and seems fairly positive on continuing snow tomorrow. Papa's forecasts been spot on though most of the time

That's the big difference. BBC use the Met Office, while netweather use the Global Forecast System.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Surreal silence with snow which is so beautiful.

just stood outside my flat and enjoyed the quiet. Am right next to railway track and station and am not used to this degree of quiet. Surreal is a cool description

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The skies have opened in Hove and have been for the last few hours. It's very beautiful indeed

Yoda

English & European
:lol:

Attachments

• CAM_0170.JPG
    CAM_0170.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 247

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
3" in 50 minutes in burgess hill... still going very strong! :)

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That's the big difference. BBC use the Met Office, while netweather use the Global Forecast System.

In which case bbc should be better generally, as Ukmo and Ecm both verify better overall than gfs, with all the others much less reliable than the 'big 3'. I use all of the models, plus experience of 'local' weather over my life, to put a Sussex spin on it all. Snow clouds do certainly behave differently to rain clouds, which is fascinating to watch and attempt to predict.

Yoda

English & European
In which case bbc should be better generally, as Ukmo and Ecm both verify better overall than gfs, with all the others much less reliable than the 'big 3'. I use all of the models, plus experience of 'local' weather over my life, to put a Sussex spin on it all. Snow clouds do certainly behave differently to rain clouds, which is fascinating to watch and attempt to predict.

But weren't the BBC looking to get rid of UKMO due to them getting so much wrong over the last year?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why oh why did I end up in a boss with an arse of a job and a necessity to work from home when it snows. Papa, why does it never snow at the weekend?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here