Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashley Barnes thread for the Reading game.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Really good to see that Ash is starting to get some well deserved praise after a couple of seasons of unfounded criticism and in some cases personal abuse. Has the tide actually turned?

One thing I will say is I do not accept the comments of those who say his performances have only improved after 'tripgate'. However if this is simply used by those to 'save face', I am happy to leave it at that. No apologies necessary, just happy he is getting support.

Well spotted, funny how some people use this connection to back track :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Barnes excites me when he is on the pitch and I don't mean that in a sexual way.

Oh I don't know, that slight West Country burr, the soulful look in his eye, and the way he says "It was a good three points" when we win an FA Cup game give me a semi at least.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Jesus, I wonder what the reaction would have been like if he had actually scored and won us the points with one of his chances, that he didn't actually score with. Although I do agree it was one of his better performances, hardly the stuff of legends though. He looked good yesterday, I 100% agree, but that's a million miles from being our striker answer. He is third choice striker behind Ulloa & Cms, we still need a striker on loan until xmas at the very least.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Of course if Ashley Barnes plays as striker on Wednesday, which he will, we have no striking options for the bench.

Let's get another one in for 93 days, the rookies need loans out to improve their games, as I don't think they are realistically championship level yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh I don't know, that slight West Country burr, the soulful look in his eye, and the way he says "It was a good three points" when we win an FA Cup game give me a semi at least.

Post match interviews are something else of course, but let's not go there.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
cant help jumping in here - I'm a Palace fan and have always thought Barnes is a good player and really dont get why some Albion dont rate him - cant help wondering if he had started against us that you would have gone to wembley and from what I saw yesterday I think you would have won if he had started - he gets in good positions

Credit where due, a sensible post. :beer:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Of course if Ashley Barnes plays as striker on Wednesday, which he will, we have no striking options for the bench.

Let's get another one in for 93 days, the rookies need loans out to improve their games, as I don't think they are realistically championship level yet.

Is George Barker still with us atm? I've seen him a couple of times, and although raw, I reckon he could step up if need be :thumbsup:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Is George Barker still with us atm? I've seen him a couple of times, and although raw, I reckon he could step up if need be :thumbsup:

I think the very fact Barker didn't even make the bench the last two home games when Barnes was injured, tells you all you need to know about how highly he is regarded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here