The Ashes - Final Test - Day Two

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Cloud has settled menacingly above my office in Kennington. Drunks are looking nervously at the heavens waiting for them to spill. It can't be long now. Reckless children will be splashing in the puddles by the bus-stop in moments, one hopes.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Meade's_Ball said:
Cloud has settled menacingly above my office in Kennington. Drunks are looking nervously at the heavens waiting for them to spill. It can't be long now. Reckless children will be splashing in the puddles by the bus-stop in moments, one hopes.

Great news let the soaking commence

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hmm the Aussies have taken the bad light option ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting move by the Aussies, time will tell whether it was correct or not. I'm not in front of the telly, would love to know how dark it is there.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Interesting move by the Aussies, time will tell whether it was correct or not. I'm not in front of the telly, would love to know how dark it is there.

big dark clouds around the ground and rain now

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Im in the West End, and it's thunder and lightening!!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's quite dark. I'd describe it as 3.30pm on December 4th. Russell Grant is about to turn the Christmas lights on in Egham. Pat Sharp couldn't make it. Back to the shops, a woman in the crowd thinks, i must get something tasteful for mum even if she has lost use of 4 of her 6 senses. The kids want to go home and drink coffee like the grown-ups, but they can't on their own as predators prey in this murk.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
From cricinfo.......

Slightly strange that these two should walk off now with Australia
desperately needing to win this game to retain the Ashes
England can't be too disappointed, they only need a draw from this
game to win the Ashes

I agree

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I remeber us taking bad light against the windies on one of the rare occasions back in the 80s when we were looking like making a good score. Richie Benaud couldn't believe it!! When we came out we collapsed and went on to lose the match!!

I think this is a very poor decision.

Omen?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
covers are coming OFF

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
nope they came down the steps then went back up...start delayed again....WOOOOOOOO :clap2:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Keep the rain dance up lads...

4.7.2_rain_dance.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports