Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes - Final Test - Day Two

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Heavy downpours/thunderstorms expected later in the day.

Will Shane Warnes wrist/fingers be able to continue his ONE MAN TEAM run to glory? I reckon he'll be as stiff as hell and wont bowl much!
Either way we need to get past 400 then really anything past that is a bonus, 450 would be nice in fact a 50 from Giles would be perfect.

Strauss Says:

Team-mate Andrew Strauss believes a score of 370 would be acceptable.

"I think there'll be a result and if we play like we have done there's no reason why we can't win it from this position," Strauss commented.

"The wicket seemed to me like more of a day two wicket, it was quite dry, which means come days four and five it might break up a little bit.

"It's obviously going to be very important, in Australia's first innings, how we bowl at them and how they react to the situation."

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
If we can bat for an hour or two and maybe these showers will help us bat into the afternoon. But in reality we will probably be bowled out in 15 minutes this morning! :rolleyes:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Wearing my pesemistic hat I reckon we'll finish closer to 350 than 400.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I reckon an early wicket will fall and we will finish on 350ish. Should be enough to ease any worries..

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Scarface said:
But in reality we will probably be bowled out in 15 minutes this morning! :rolleyes:

Thats my concern from the other side of the fence - if we don't bowl you out this morning then we'll be looking at chasing 400+ which will be tough...

Hope Warney's rested, as McGrath is just looking a little over the hill....

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If we can bat to lunch we'll have one hand on the Ashes I reckon.

The Aussies need a first innings lead of at least 100 to stand a realistic chance of winning. If we get to lunch and post 400, that means they're looking at an ask of 500 – which is a good 4 sessions of aggressive batting. With rain around later today and early tomorrow, that would make it early Sunday before they'd get there (even if they did). Time would start to run out.

Strauss' 370 is a good benchmark. Anything under it leaves the match poised. Anything over it and the above scenario starts to come into play.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
survive for an hour hopefully, and the Aussies will hopefully be trying to get a big quick score knowing there is rain forecast and perish to an all out assault from Harmy & Freddie.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
the weather forecast on BBC says no rain in London today (hope Michael Fish forcast it) so the boys need to stick around as long as possible - I would be etstatic at anythiong around 370

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We need to bat until lunch, Jones and the Spanish King CAN do it, then lets hope for a few hours of..................................

bollywood_rain01.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
What is this King of Spain thing with Giles?

Something about some Warks fans ordering a load of flags with King of Spin written on them only for the flags to be delivered with a typo.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Something about some Warks fans ordering a load of flags with King of Spin written on them only for the flags to be delivered with a typo.
I thought it was mugs? Either way it works though.

:lolol:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

It was actually the Warwickshire club shop, who ordered mugs. Contrary to popular belief, only a few of these were made and put on sale before the mistake was realised, by which time it was picked up on by the Edgbaston crowd and stuck.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Jones gone :nono: 325-8

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here