[Cricket] The Ashes - England v Australia - 4th Test, Old Trafford, July 19-23, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How's it a losing bet ? It was a 500/1 bet that's now 50/1, unless you've got a Time Machine you're keeping quiet about
Fair enough. If you were able lay off and close the bet it’d be for a nice profit. I just meant if it was and insurance bet, it’s insurance against something that can’t credibly happen if the weather forecast plays out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Unsure. Might be worth having a look on YouTube ?

There must be a film in that :)
I don't know if anyone has seen Priscilla Queen of the Desert. The film is no exaggeration in outback life.

They even take the same route as I took, even a visit to the pub in Broken Hill. The scenes in Coober Pedy- that was a forsaken village a few hours from Alice in the main track. I was stuck there for six days.

Different world out there.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looking at tomorrow weather looks grim, maybe a less wet interlude in the middle of the day.

Heading for a draw

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
England is the better side .
Aussies will take home the ashes .
Why ?
Preparation.
Bizarrely the away side’s prep was better than ours. The India game, the likes of smith and lab playing county cricket.
Look at Robinson - the powers that be took an ultra cautious approach to him playing for Sussex and what do you know he’s undercooked when it matters.
We got lucky with wood who hadn’t played any red ball .
Aussies started the series sharper than us and made it count . We are now in our stride and look fantastic but it will probably be too late

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I don't know if anyone has seen Priscilla Queen of the Desert. The film is no exaggeration in outback life.

They even take the same route as I took, even a visit to the pub in Broken Hill. The scenes in Coober Pedy- that was a forsaken village a few hours from Alice in the main track. I was stuck there for six days.

Different world out there.
On a supported bike trip we stopped one night at Coober Pedy...slept about 15 or 20 meters down in an underground hotel hollowed out of the soft rock. Weird!! The cycling around there was the most boring section of the trip 😅.
Good movie though 👍

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
On a supported bike trip we stopped one night at Coober Pedy...slept about 15 or 20 meters down in an underground hotel hollowed out of the soft rock. Weird!! The cycling around there was the most boring section of the trip 😅.
Good movie though 👍
You stayed in the same hotel as me then.

The advantage was that is was cool down there. I was there in March, so only 30 odd degrees. Not a great place in January for Poms.

Yes, not much to see out there.'I want to see the outback' I said. Two weeks later I'd had enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports