[Cricket] The Ashes - England v Australia - 4th Test, Old Trafford, July 19-23, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
England shouldn’t try and go too hard too soon, not going to do them any good to be 15-3 at drinks
With the current rain forecast, we only really have today and tomorrow afternoon. I’m not sure how else we win it other than going hard from the first over!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Very nice part of the country around you.....Warlingham...Woldingham...etc....spent some formative years in Selsdon....used to play as kids around Addington...Sanderstead.....etc......remember some pretty steep hills off the A22.....one in particular, my father used to have to take a run at it. he couldn't stop, otherwise he would have to roll back down again!!
Was it Succumbs Hill ( ? )
Caterham is all hills, Succumbs Hill runs between Caterham Valley and Warlingham.
Nice part of the world on the North Downs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ali is "here for a good time, not a long time"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just had a look at the ICC rankings. Any reason why England have played so many more matches than everyone else?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Joel Wilson is repeatedly one of the worst umpires out there, remember there was a time last summer he got several wrong in one match.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
England not throwing a wicket away just before lunch ... have we lost respect for tradition?
Ah you see, they have cunningly left room for the other England tradition of being in a fairly promising position at lunch only to end up 4 down within an hour of the restart.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Bookies update

England a little shorter than 2/1, the draw 2/1 Australia a little longer than 2/1

The draw is pretty much putting money on it to rain a lot in Manchester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports