[Cricket] The Ashes - England v Australia - 4th Test, Old Trafford, July 19-23, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Watching the Albion at Bramall Lane set me on the way to my full set of home Test venues
I've been to all of them in Britain except the Rose Bowl. I'd say Trent Bridge is the obvious answer as far as the ground itself is concerned, but (ignoring that it's no longer allowed to host tests :angry: :angry: :rant: :rant: :angry: :angry: ) Chester Le Street has the best backdrop.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure how Anderson has history to alter, Old Trafford is the ground he has his lowest bowling average on. We only won two matches in 2019 and we've not won a Test in Australia since, blimey, the 2010/11 series. In the years where we weren't getting tonked (2005+) there have only been three Tests against Oz- 2 draws (1 losing, 1 winning), and 1 defeat.

Boo BBC

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Forecast for Sat/Sun is shocking. Expecting Bazball on steroids to try and force a win in three days.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No side has ever won a test at Old Trafford when winning the toss and bowling first

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This test match could be series-defining.

Reactions: Vin

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No side has ever won a test at Old Trafford when winning the toss and bowling first
Another stat to smash !

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The decision to bowl first seems a little odd. But, we live in hope.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Appeal for LBW close but going over. More concerning a straight forward take by a wicket keeper was dropped by Bairstow. It could have been a simple edge that he dropped.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The combination of weather forecast, Australia batting first and Warner not being out first ball to Broad has seen the draw odds roughly halved

Edit .... Hoorah, that's even better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports