[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Annoying and unsportingly but ‘fair’.

Overall we’ve been totally found out this series. I’m not against bazball as it’s been thoroughly entertaining and it’s won more than it’s lost but against top teams there needs to be a plan b
No plan b required, they just need to implement it properly. Some half sensible batting against the short stuff in the first innings and we would be talking about an England win here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Carey is clever there like diving in the penalty box in football is clever if you get away with it. Same old Aussies...
It’s cheating - it is literally the same as Harry Kane taking a dive under minimal contact. I take it everyone on here saying it’s a wicket agree with every penalty Kane wins under minimal slight contact?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Every umpire I’ve ever played with calls “over” at the end of each other. The ball wasn’t dead. I don’t like that sort of cricket (Mankads and the like) but I am sorry but I think it’s out.
I'm sorry, but it's not comparable to a mankad.
When a batter's mankaded, they're the one trying to steal an advantage and rightly being punished for it.
Bairstow was being "dozy" as Athers just put it, and it was right to give him out, but I don't see any point in playing sport that way or celebrating it.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
The umpire is grabbing the bowlers hat, Johnny scratches his mark to indicate he has no intention of running. He was in his crease, not standing outside of it when on strike. I don't care if it's within the rules, it wreaks and the third umpire failed to check what the on field umpire was gesturing by starting to move and give the hat to the bowler.

Spoiled a great game of cricket.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Stuart Broad would serve himself well just the pipe down. The Australians are doing nothing less than what we have done ourselves.

Having said that, it is splendid entertainment.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
That was scandalous from the oz if that was a Sunday or a lge game that would of caused massive problems

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Technically it's the correct decision. However, unless you have played cricket you wont really appreciate how it goes totally against the spirit of the game. How desperate are they? He's not trying to gain any advantage. The correct etiquette is that the keeper could warn the batsman along the lines of " hey fella watch your wandering down the pitch ".
This.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Having seen the replay: The umpire was already moving away, surely that defines ‘dead’ ???

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Oh joy! I’m sitting in an Aussie shirt and cap in the middle of the group of Aussie fans I’m looking after.
I reckon I’ll be putting in for danger money after this.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Stuart Broad would serve himself well just the pipe down. The Australians are doing nothing less than what we have done ourselves.

Having said that, it is splendid entertainment.
Try and wind them up.
They'll bowl worse. Like Greig signalling his own fours off Lillee.
Obviously, we went on to a famous victory in that series. :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Aussies have woken up the crowd, sent Stokes into full Rambo mode and given Broad licence to sledge. Perhaps brainless by them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports