Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20230701-WA0003.jpg

TB gets about :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Is it bad that I kind of wish we just got skittled last night?

I’ve woken with that inevitable English feeling of ‘could we?' when we all know Stokes will be out early this session and it will be inevitably game over by lunch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know. My point was that England really can’t go out and smash sixes everywhere this time. I was trying to highlight that Bazball, which I like, isn’t the way forward here. Stokes says he won’t change his approach but, in my opinion, he doesn’t have a choice. You can not gift the Aussies a 2-0 lead when you have a TINY chance of keeping it at 1-0.
I know. My point was that England really can’t go out and smash sixes everywhere this time. I was trying to highlight that Bazball, which I like, isn’t the way forward here. Stokes says he won’t change his approach but, in my opinion, he doesn’t have a choice. You can not gift the Aussies a 2-0 lead when you have a TINY chance of keeping it at 1-0.
Far more chance of 1-1 than 1-0…..

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
A bowling attack of Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Lyon and Green is infinitely better than ours

Warner
Khawaja
Labia
Smith

Better than ours, wicket keeper… better than ours.

We’ve been crap at times, but come on this Australian side are absolutely not piss poor.
Agree totally. Only Root would get in their side. Maybe a fit Stokes over Green (but he’s not fit). The bowling attacks in particular are light years apart. Bazball has been incredible at making the side more than the sum of its parts. That said, I was there on Thursday and the final session batting wasn’t Bazball it was brainless.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A Series too far for Anderson and Broad, both are now essentially medium pacers who, given a sympathetic pitch, can swing the ball. If not then carnage ensues.

IF they were fit I would replace them with Archer and Wood, but sadly they are not.

Overall this is a most nostalgic Ashes - 80's/90's era sadly...

Jimmy Grimble

A Series too far for Anderson and Broad, both are now essentially medium pacers who, given a sympathetic pitch, can swing the ball. If not then carnage ensues.

IF they were fit I would replace them with Archer and Wood, but sadly they are not.

Overall this is a most nostalgic Ashes - 80's/90's era sadly...
In hindsight, Woakes over Anderson may have been a better choice given Woakes record at Lords and his capability with the bat.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Is it bad that I kind of wish we just got skittled last night?

I’ve woken with that inevitable English feeling of ‘could we?' when we all know Stokes will be out early this session and it will be inevitably game over by lunch.
Its the hope that kills you.
They are a better side than us and have played the more solid cricket. There is absolutely no evidence that the remaining batsmen can survive three sessions against a top class seam attack. The last four in the order will be bullied out quickly and before them, Duckett plays at everything, Stokes is on one leg ( again ) and Bairstow is too loose technically to survive defensively.
At 0-2, interest, already waning, will start to seriously drop off in a series that we hoped would grip the nation this summer. Nobody likes predictability and anti-climax and this could fizzle out to 0-4. On the other hand.........
Its the hope that kills you.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Glenn McGrath furious about it on TMS!
I hate Glenn McGrath, he's such an awful pundit. He literally offers nothing insightful. His 5-0 predictions are boring. If you want some Aussie Bravado just go to any pub when Australia are winning. I don't see why the BBC insist on rolling this no mark out. I always thought Shane Warne by comparison was really fair and balanced in his assessments.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I hate Glenn McGrath, he's such an awful pundit. He literally offers nothing insightful. His 5-0 predictions are boring. If you want some Aussie Bravado just go to any pub when Australia are winning. I don't see why the BBC insist on rolling this no mark out. I always thought Shane Warne by comparison was really fair and balanced in his assessments.
No mark :eek: One of the best bowlers of all time? Tough crowd :lolol:

Jimmy Grimble

If it does go 2-0, Sky’s advertising campaign for the Series is going to look a little silly.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just don’t do anything stupid this morning session. If (massive if) we can get to lunch with these two still in, and under 200 required, reassess the plan and maybe start going for it midway through the afternoon session.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is there any chance we could let Just Stop Oil have another crack at damaging the pitch? Maybe even hand them a shovel?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's their equivalent of KP, can't stand listening to either of them

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just seen McGrath’s comments on the dropped catch yesterday. Utter nonsense. As biased as they come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here