Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 1st Test, Birmingham, June 16 - 20, 2023

Ashes- 1st Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm worried the field isn't attacking enough, but there's so little to play with.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Annoyingly good partnership here .
Ollie rob has cleaned out a million tail Enders .
This isn’t quite over .
No more mistakes tho

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Wish they’d just chased it down with 20 overs and 5 wickets to spare, this is the equivalent of winning 2-1 and losing 3-2 in added time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s the taking part and Corinthian Spirit that counts. We’d all take a great final day with a loss, over an emphatic England win.

But I’ve always had a sneaking feeling that Border, Waugh, Ponting, Smith et al think the exact opposite. An Alex Ferguson gritty win at all costs ethos.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Australia will win, but it's harsh on England's effort

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I alluded to this earlier but... Broad and Anderson are world class, after that? Nothing in the pace attack that anyone is going to worry anyone and once one (at his best) decent spinner in Leach is out injured we have to drag poor Moeen out of retirement. That said, we're a bit and edge here or there from winning so what do I know but blimey we need to look at what the disfunctional county game is producing in terms of bowlers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here