Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 1st Test, Birmingham, June 16 - 20, 2023

Ashes- 1st Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Declaring on day one no matter if you love Baz ball or not going to bite us in the rear . Rule one get enough runs do you dont lose 393 was never enough with two wickets remaining. I know my old man would be turning in his grave in disgust

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The captain hindsight’s coming out the woodwork now, if England had picked up the final wicket with 1-5 overs left I doubt you’d be saying the same thing about the declaration.

The first innings wasted chances are what’s cost us, nothing else, we should have had the Aussies out for 50-100 less than they got in the end, I agree the declaration was an extremely aggressive move but that didn’t lose us the game, we had a marginal lead after the first innings?

(If we lose)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A beauty.

This is such an entertaining test match. Constant swings from one side to the other.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A good spell of bowling and captaincy from Robinson and Stokes. But we all know the big prize is Khawaja. I still fancy him to carry his bat unfortunately.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
IMG_7023.jpeg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Winviz has England back at 50%, Australia at 42% with 8% for the draw.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can see the draw coming more into the reckoning as things are currently going………Aussies don’t seem to want to take any risks and our bowlers have been mostly excellent

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Can see the draw coming more into the reckoning as things are currently going………Aussies don’t seem to want to take any risks and our bowlers have been mostly excellent
That and the even the new ball as this rate.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Min 30 overs to go, 88 runs to get. Australia run rate for the innings is 2.92, but for the last 10 overs is just 1.30.

Australia will need to accelerate the scoring (and possibly take more risks doing so) to force the win, which could open the door for England. Especially given, IMO, another wicket changes things massively.

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
With khawaja at the crease., Australia probably won't lose but are they prepared to risk winning? Draw at big odds!!! Also 1/2 point more valuable to Aussies than us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here