[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 1st Test, Birmingham, June 16 - 20, 2023

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashes- 1st Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Lunch to be taken 12:30 - no play before 13:10

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpeg
    IMG_0366.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I heard on TMS that tickets were available for the 5th day through the WarwickshireCCC website during their commentary today, so I had a look and there were still quite a few left. I managed to get 4 in a row for the kids and me (they all play cricket for school/university/Abergavenny). Edgebaston is our closest test ground (other than Sophia Gardens when they get a game) and the kids have all finished their exams now so I thought I’d treat them and myself.

The tickets were £25 or a fiver for under 16s.
off to see the Wales and England team?

Jul 7, 2003
Rain is forecast on and off for the rest of day - some places still offering 6/1 on the draw for those who trust the forecast.

Edgbaston does drain very well though. I remember being there for a Sussex one day game many years ago where the outfield had loads of big puddles so we decided to cut our losses and drive home. Had not got onto the M40 before finding that they had resumed play (and Sussex lost)

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
You've watched an fa cup final and left at full time with the score 2 all, missing extra time and penalties.
Ha ha - yes it does feel a bit like that! I need to wait for retirement to go to all 25 days of the series! I will be at day 5 for the last 2 tests (and other days) if that helps, which is actually a better analogy for the cup final. The first test in that sense is not the one at which the series is decided.

Last edited:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Rain is forecast on and off for the rest of day - some places still offering 6/1 on the draw for those who trust the forecast.

Edgbaston does drain very well though. I remember being there for a Sussex one day game many years ago where the outfield had loads of big puddles so we decided to cut our losses and drive home. Had not got onto the M40 before finding that they had resumed play (and Sussex lost)
They have just installed new drainage. Before that it used to be terrible with a high water table being in between two rivers (one now underground, the Rea being the other).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Still a bit of drizzle coming down, just had a little “insurance” bet on the draw :(

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’s not raining now, ground staff working hard :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports