Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 1st Test, Birmingham, June 16 - 20, 2023

Ashes- 1st Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bit earley for night watchman ?
It never used to be something Australia did. Not sure when that changed.

If he survives a bit, I'd think about giving Robbo a go at him. Not a fan of the steepler.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not just surviving a bit...he's got 9 already.
He's not a fan of the short stuff. I think Robbo would be the best option at him normally.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Gonna be a close one. They can’t allow Australia to form any kind of partnership or it’s lost.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Head -Khawaja partnership (assuming it happens) is key, they looked the best pair in the first innings, break that quickly and it’s on

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Almost as entertaining as the match is following this thread as posters tell us what is going to happen with such conviction when, in reality, no-one has got a Scooby because an over or two can completely change the outlook.

Well played everyone, see you back here tomorrow for the England/Australia win (or a draw after it's rained off) :bigwave:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'd call it a sub-par score. We need 300 IMO. Anything less and really this game is done.
I’d agree normally but it was a horrible session we faced yesterday, and we got through it with credit IMHO. If it swung back and they had to face a horrible session too they’d be a few more down.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Almost as entertaining as the match is following this thread as posters tell us what is going to happen with such conviction when, in reality, no-one has got a Scooby because an over or two can completely change the outlook.

Well played everyone, see you back here tomorrow for the England/Australia win (or a draw after it's rained off) :bigwave:

4 outcomes Bobkin, you missed the tie. 😆
Excellent cricket.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Many of us have a " Scooby Doo " because we watch, listen observe and yes, an over or two can completely change the outlook but then the next 10 overs can change it again. But there is a sense of " Mood Music " from the batting side or the fielding side that resonates within those that know....and that is the magic of the game.

Currently I think the Convicts will edge it if we get most of a days play but, that can change in the first over. Marvellous fun !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Many of us have a " Scooby Doo " because we watch, listen observe and yes, an over or two can completely change the outlook but then the next 10 overs can change it again. But there is a sense of " Mood Music " from the batting side or the fielding side that resonates within those that know....and that is the magic of the game.

Currently I think the Convicts will edge it if we get most of a days play but, that can change in the first over. Marvellous fun !
Well that's ME patronisingly told!

People can watch, listen and observe until the cows come home, but when you've got, for example, the sages in the TMS commentary box not being able to predict anything, forgive me for having a bit of a laugh at the mere cricketing mortals on NSC saying - with ultimate confidence - that the result is a forgone conclusion 😀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here