Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 1st Test, Birmingham, June 16 - 20, 2023

Ashes- 1st Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Deserve a bit of luck, if that's the right word, in this innings. The Aussies had a load of let offs yesterday, particularly that no ball when Broad overstepped by a gnat's Rizla paper.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Pope got a good ball. You see dismissals like Root and Brook on village greens around the country every weekend.

JB out... reviewing but seemed like it was out to me... on the stroke of lunch.

Crikey that was lucky!
I thought it was going to be Umpire's Call. Didn't realise how far he was batting outside his crease.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Here it comes ! Another 100 between these two could win us the game

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why oh why, oh why, do they play a reverse sweep to deliveries when a fielder is placed behind square and there is a gap on the onside ? The sweep is a far less riskier shot to play.

It doesn't make strategic or common sense

Disgusted of Dinosaur Wells

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Here it comes ! Another 100 between these two could win us the game
I'm going to call it and say that we're not losing this game from here. We're either going to carry on scoring runs and post a 280+ lead, which the Aussies will be unlikley to reach, especially with rain forecast tomorrow. Alternatively, they take the last 5 wickets cheaply, in which case it means that the wicket has started to give the bowlers a lot of help and we'll probably bowl them out for less than 200.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm going to call it and say that we're not losing this game from here. We're either going to carry on scoring runs and post a 280+ lead, which the Aussies will be unlikley to reach, especially with rain forecast tomorrow. Alternatively, they take the last 5 wickets cheaply, in which case it means that the wicket has started to give the bowlers a lot of help and we'll probably bowl them out for less than 200.
That my friend, is a very large call

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Why oh why, oh why, do they play a reverse sweep to deliveries when a fielder is placed behind square and there is a gap on the onside ? The sweep is a far less riskier shot to play.

It doesn't make strategic or common sense

Disgusted of Dinosaur Wells
Ha yeh. And why can't Steele just whack it up the pitch instead of all the fannying around :)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There is a run and ball out there with no risk. This is all down to the poor field placings. Even us villagers can see that.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ha yeh. And why can't Steele just whack it up the pitch instead of all the fannying around :)
You're joking, David Steele has been recalled ? We'll need that silver fox come the Lords onslaught.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That my friend, is a very large call
Had a lead of about 185-190 when I wrote that. That's a really strong position in the 3rd innings when you've got 5 wickets left and a reasonable tail that aren't going to get out without adding a fair few unless the pitch starts getting lively.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How many times are we going to miss a reverse sweep and be LBW to Lyon ffs

There is a fielder out there so I don’t even know why he’s playing it really.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And right on cue, a pointless reverse sweep costs us a wicket...

This isn't BazBall this is FuckWitBall

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ricky Gervais Ct GIF by NETFLIX

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Fielder in the deep for that exact shot to stop the boundary, is that shot really worth the risk for a single?

Don’t mind risks, but for me that’s a silly shot choice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here