Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The art of Jacket potato eating......

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Bozza said:
Starry is right. Bake your potato, then cut it in half. Carefully scoop all the potato out of the skin and mix with your topping (which now becomes a filling, really).

Put the combined potato/filling back into the potato and bake for a while longer.

3rd that - it's the don!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm sure there's been a more recent thread than this, but I couldn't find it...

I love a jacket spud and of late have been experimenting with different toppings/fillings. I think I've finally decided on my favourite and it's not far removed from the old school classic...

Baked beans (with a nip of smoked paprika and plenty of black pepper added when heating), chorizo chunks (lightly fried before adding) and cheese (mature cheddar, grated).

What's your favourite topping/filling for the humble (though mighty) BAKED POTATO?

:drool:

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Top 3 favourites:

1) Butter, beans then cheese
2) Butter, sweetcorn, coleslaw then cheese
3) Bake until crispy, take out the filling and mix with red onion, tiny bit of mustard, sweetcorn and cheese, refill with said ingredients and bake until the cheese is crispy on top.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Top 3 favourites:

1) Butter, beans then cheese
2) Butter, sweetcorn, coleslaw then cheese
3) Bake until crispy, take out the filling and mix with red onion, tiny bit of mustard, sweetcorn and cheese, refill with said ingredients and bake until the cheese is crispy on top.

How did I forget the BUTTER?!

I should add that for all my baked spud concoctions, lashings of butter is fluffed into the potato flesh before applying the filling/topping...

I think I know what I'll be having for dins tonight.... :thumbsup:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
get some SALAD CREAM and grated cheese in that bad boy, mash the hell out of the filling and enjoy.

I'm salivating over here...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ever wonder why those " Baking Potato's " you see in the shops always look lovely and clean and without " eyes " ? Its because they are sprayed with a chemical that prevents the spud from sprouting as it would do if an ordinary spud.
Remember that when people go on about the skin being the best bit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I put said jacket in the microwave for about 7 mins then in a very hot oven for an hour so that the skin becomes very crisp then eat the lot leaving the skin to cover with a thick coating of butter and salt. Not good for the diet but great to eat.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
When working in London I used to get a jacket potato from the kiosk directly under London Bridge (South Side), loads of butter, tuna/mayo and sweet corn, lashings of black pepper, hmmmmmmm Is it still there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here