Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The art of Jacket potato eating......

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
surely there is a fine art to eating a jacket potato, with regards to the fillings

when you first get cracking you have a massive mountain of toppings, plus a potato.

Now i have spent many years trying to average out the amount of fillings i have with eat mouthful and each bit of potato to ensure.
However i often f*** up and end up with half a potato and f*** all fillings, making the latter part of the spud un-enjoyable. Then you get days where you'll be limitted with toppings to start with only to be left with a tiny bit of potato and a massive pile of fillings.

(have the same kinda probs with cheese and biscuits)

:D

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Twice baked potatoes are the way forward and you don't end up with any left over filling or potato because it's all together.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Cold baked spuds from the fridge eaten like an apple!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Starry is right. Bake your potato, then cut it in half. Carefully scoop all the potato out of the skin and mix with your topping (which now becomes a filling, really).

Put the combined potato/filling back into the potato and bake for a while longer.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Bozza said:
Starry is right. Bake your potato, then cut it in half. Carefully scoop all the potato out of the skin and mix with your topping (which now becomes a filling, really).

Put the combined potato/filling back into the potato and bake for a while longer.

f*** a duck - thats an incredible idea!

Starry - :bowdown:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My favourite is a baked Cyprus (wrapped in foil so the skin actually remains quite soft)

Topped with sea salt, black pepper, Greek Yoghurt, Olive Oil, Black pepper, a squeeze of lemon and finely chopped parsley.

Had this in Cyprus a few years ago and never looked back.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bozza said:

My mum always used to do that, basically cheesy mashed potato put back in the skin and rebaked.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Bozza said:

You can't do that with prawn cocktail, or tuna Mayo can you?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
clapham_gull said:
My favourite is a baked Cyprus (wrapped in foil so the skin actually remains quite soft)

Topped with sea salt, black pepper, Greek Yoghurt, Olive Oil, Black pepper, a squeeze of lemon and finely chopped parsley.

What came first? The potato dish or Cyprus.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
clapham_gull said:

Are the two separate lots of black pepper important? Could you possibly have three?

Actually, don't bother. Baked potatoes are f***ing horrible anyway. It's like eating a chewed slipper.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I microwave for five minutes then bake for an hour or so, result, it is cooked quicker and you still get the chewy brown skin. Put a little olive oil and salt on the skin before baking, serve with a small amount of butter and some freshly grated cheddar, luvverly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here