Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2019

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This is the problem with the show. That lad Jordan Poulton in Series 9 was a stand-out candidate and shoe-in for the interviews, only for us to find out he had no equity in the company he wanted Sugar to invest in, so his business plan was a complete non-starter and it had therefore been a waste on time him being on the show.

It seems wrong that candidates stand or fall by a document they prepared before they embarked on the 10-week selection process, as I'm sure most - having undergone such a business masterclass - would want to rewrite it.

The contestants should claim that any exaggerations were solely to get on the show and now they had made it to the final round justifies it. That would be the best answer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just watched the interviews, think Sugar showed his true cockney colours dissing Lotties idea but his choice, Lewis was very poor idea, zero researched.

Pamela was out of it as soon as Sugar said he had a cosmetics company, Scarlett and Carina are good choices and both viable although I think expanding a bakery to being Greggs is a lot to ask.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The final.

Karina has a much stronger team here. What was scarlett thinking of?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This should be the first year Sugar says you're both shit and neither of you will get my money

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Karina will win this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Karina wins, probably best choice as Lord Sugar has two recruitment companies already, however, her ambition to be an upmarket Greggs will take some doing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wonder how long itll be before I see a Lorraine bread

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Karina wins, probably best choice as Lord Sugar has two recruitment companies already, however, her ambition to be an upmarket Greggs will take some doing.

I thought the same before they said it ... uninspiring for Sugar to invest in recruiting yet again.

The Gregg’s scale dream was just hyperbole. If they end up with 20 profitable outlets, that’ll be a great achievement.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Karina certainly deserved to win.

She wants to scale up the business and good luck to her.

Sugar bangs on about his £250K but how far will that go in the scheme of things? Tom Allen will be paid more than that for presenting the follow up shows.

I appreciate that the Lord is providing experience but I wonder how much he will expect back from his business partner?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
9/10 task wins, 3/3 as PM. Universally popular, gets to the final and puts in decent pitch good logo, good TV ad, tasty product. The girl has smashed it out of the park.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think Karina certainly deserved to win.

She wants to scale up the business and good luck to her.

Sugar bangs on about his £250K but how far will that go in the scheme of things? Tom Allen will be paid more than that for presenting the follow up shows.

I appreciate that the Lord is providing experience but I wonder how much he will expect back from his business partner?
Seriously?! Tom Allen is a terrible presenter!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
9/10 task wins, 3/3 as PM. Universally popular, gets to the final and puts in decent pitch good logo, good TV ad, tasty product. The girl has smashed it out of the park.

I thought her pitch was poor and her answers from the key questions asked about upscaling the business and retaining the core values of the brand through multiple stores were just waffle, on the pitch and answers to the experts questions the other bint won. She was certainly the best candidate though overall.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought the same before they said it ... uninspiring for Sugar to invest in recruiting yet again.

NSC’s favourite profession proving it’s worth yet again. Recruitment is a much maligned industry but you have to have a very broad skillset to be a real success. Influencing, emotional intelligence, resilience, organisation, commercial awareness, drive and exceptional communication skills. Well done Scarlett, you did us recruiters proud.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just catching up on the interviews and the final. They’re ****ing idiots. All of them. Clearly very few of them had researched how to do a business plan and now in the final they are making appalling promo videos. Spoilt ******* pretending to eat bread. Really badly and some fem-dom fetish prison scene.

I mean really, I don’t pretend to be particularly creative and I have less business acumen than Trump but I’m sure I could do better than this mob.
Remarkable that even though it’s their own business, their own future they still have the “that’ll do” attitude to mistakes as they do when they’re trying to sell cheese to the French.

Very entertaining though!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
NSC’s favourite profession proving it’s worth yet again. Recruitment is a much maligned industry but you have to have a very broad skillset to be a real success. Influencing, emotional intelligence, resilience, organisation, commercial awareness, drive and exceptional communication skills. Well done Scarlett, you did us recruiters proud.

I’ve never had a problem with recruiters or its industry. Serves a useful purpose, quite a stressful job, but with rewards to match.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought her pitch was poor and her answers from the key questions asked about upscaling the business and retaining the core values of the brand through multiple stores were just waffle, on the pitch and answers to the experts questions the other bint won. She was certainly the best candidate though overall.

Your mate Dean continued as a useless rabbit in the headlights in the final. Very young, the Apprentice came too early for him imho.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Your mate Dean continued as a useless rabbit in the headlights in the final. Very young, the Apprentice came too early for him imho.

He's no mate of mine, he was christened 'the Dean machine' by some Apprentice fans so obviously some rated him and interesting when picking the teams for the final he was one of the first to be picked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here